UK
Release date: April 16th, 2014
Purchase link:
Amazon.fr

Temporary artwork:
91wOUIXWzOL._SL500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rpg and Kuzco
If people are referring to Dlux's steel for information on the French version having a DVD copy - note that he has modified his to include a DVD he already has (nice work Dlux!) The standard French release didn't come with it - I believe it's identical to the UK one aside from the J card :thumbs:

If people are referring to Dlux's steel for information on the French version having a DVD copy - note that he has modified his to include a DVD he already has (nice work Dlux!) The standard French release didn't come with it - I believe it's identical to the UK one aside from the J card :thumbs:

This is correct.

The DVD disc in mine is taken from my DVD purchase of the film. It sais i modified it just above my picture :) The information about the steelbook on amazon is correct. It contains 2 Blu-ray discs. The j-card even sais it does ;)

Sorry if i missled anyone with my modded picture :p

On another note. Just watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2, it wasnt that very amazing unfortunately. Too bad. I'm very split on if i'll ever puchase a steel of it. Aint gonna be with some preorder anyway..

Last edited:
Imported this steelbook, was not happy with Amazon France, they used a card mailer not like the UK standard protective card box and then card mailer or box, not sure if this is normal with Amazon France but poor none the less. Anyway it did not make it without getting a slight ding and paint damage, I will probably return it. Aside from the disappointing delivery, must say this is a very nice steelbook in the looks department and the paint finish.

Imported this steelbook, was not happy with Amazon France, they used a card mailer not like the UK standard protective card box and then card mailer or box, not sure if this is normal with Amazon France but poor none the less. Anyway it did not make it without getting a slight ding and paint damage, I will probably return it. Aside from the disappointing delivery, must say this is a very nice steelbook in the looks department and the paint finish.

Recently ordered Jack Reacher from Amazon Fr, and it came in the normal UK style box which was placed again inside an even bigger box for serious protection. Guess you just had some bad luck.

Recently ordered Jack Reacher from Amazon Fr, and it came in the normal UK style box which was placed again inside an even bigger box for serious protection. Guess you just had some bad luck.

Yeah seems that way, real cheap of them, I can't believe the way they handled my order, never ordered anything before this from Amazon France, I may make a complaint. It's funny how I can get a Steelbook delivered in perfect condition, with excellent packing standards from Korea but Amazon France fails for me.

Last edited:

Came in a card envelope for me too. I was expecting some serious damage but there was nothing else than a little paint chip thats hardly noticable, luckily.

I have experienced poor packaging/product damage from Amazon France on two occasions over the last couple of months. However, what I will say is that their customer service has been excellent; sending me replacement steelbooks, refunding me a price drop difference after purchase and refunding me all the return postage costs. Bottom line - if you're not happy, they will do their utmost to resolve the situation, at their expense.

But it would still be a concern of mine prior to ordering (as it's still hassle). I don't know what they do differently as regards product storage/handling/shipping vs Amazon Germany and Italy, but they should take a leaf out of their book!

You're not going to be out of pocket, that's assured, so don't worry about that. And this steelbook is one of the best value steelbooks I've bought this year. Even more so if you don't have another edition already.

FR - Amazing Spider-man

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

zWDsVlq.jpg

Q1kFF2p.jpg

ngn0zcC.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

OMVY6cy.jpg

y4wCRaL.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

k9syeYH.jpg

yDmtneg.jpg

VPx6WVD.jpg

DAeb9ZD.jpg

VAnhr3h.jpg

wXYpKeY.jpg

Mine was shipped using a cardboard mailer. Good thing there was no damage to the steelbook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine's just arrived today along with WWZ. It's a really nice looking steelbook, but unfortunately, it has got a few little chips on it, nothing I can't deal with, but a shame nonetheless.

Mine's just arrived, also in cardboard mailer but luckily doesn't appear damaged. Has got a loose disc though which is annoying as it's a gift, hopefully the disc isn't scratched!

mine arrived today. yes, its a steelbook. it came in a standard amazon postage packaging though

I've just gotten into the habit of paying a bit more for the gift wrap option. They get double boxed most of the time from Spain, Italy, and France. UK and Germany are still 50/50 with double boxing. Heck, the recent German Star Trek (2009) with Nero cover arrived with the invoice stuck to steelbook's shrink wrap. Needless to say that copy could not remain sealed after trying to remove the plastic invoice bag from the shrink wrap.

Reactions: rpg