Release date: September 18, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon DE
Media-dealer DE
Price: €16.99 (Media-dealer) - €17.99 (Amazon) €18.99

91a8MCUs2iL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We certain this will be a steelbook?

The item in the link just says 'Blu Ray box' in the description whereas other steelbooks are described as 'steelbooks'?

If it does end up being one, Capelight make quality Steelbooks at low prices!

Reactions: Filmbloke
Added "possible" to the title. It was reported by the German site bluray-disc which has proven to be reliable in the past.

Amazon.de is listing the DVD with that artwork for september. So maybe they will have all of these for sale as well very soon. (I don't know if Media Dealer ship to U.S.- I have never bought from them)

Thanks. It doesn't say steelbook...
But that happens often over there (when a steelbook listing doesn't say steelbook).
In the second picture you can clearly see that it's a steelbook spine....
Very Psyched!! That is EXACTLY what the cover should be! They got it right!

Last edited:
...but the german title is a turn off for me personally :(

Oh, it's not that bad, the only difference is just the pronoun — though it would have been a bit more fitting if it had been Die Babadook :D.

I think I'll get it eventually. I bought the Mondo poster, and I thought about buying the US slipcover (it has a pretty cool effect), but a steelbook is better, and it looks like we won't get another one anywhere else.

Reactions: SaberTooth
i wanna order the one on Amazon.de- but I have to know for sure it is a steelbook before I do...
thats what i wanted assurance on, i checked out Capelight Pictures website and they clearly show they are producing three editions- steelbook bluray, standard dvd, and a mediabook. they all have individual art. the art shown on amazon matches the art on capelights page that confirms it is a steelbook

http://capelight.de/der-babadook

Reactions: wyatt03