Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Price: $59.98
Release date: November 6, 2015
Order link: Amazon.com

71HUHuHcKqL._SY550_.jpg

81NkSgnGlsL._SL1500_.jpg

The Beatles‘ bestselling best-of collection, The Beatles 1, is getting the deluxe reissue treatment this fall.

Due in stores Nov. 6, the newly expanded Beatles 1 makes a number of changes to the original release, chief among them the addition of dozens of promotional videos — all newly restored, many being made commercially available for the first time. According to a press release, “An 18-person team of film and video technicians and restoration artists was assembled by Apple Corps to undertake painstaking frame-by-frame cleaning, color-grading, digital enhancement and new edits that took months of dedicated, ’round-the-clock work to accomplish.”

On the audio front, fans can look forward to hearing new stereo mixes of the album, which collects 27 of the band’s biggest hits, as well as mixes in 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS HD surround audio.

The reissue will be available in a variety of configurations, including single-disc CD, DVD, and Blu-ray versions, as well as CD/DVD and CD/Blu-ray combo packs and a two-LP vinyl edition. Die-hard fans will also have the chance to spring for The Beatles 1+, a deluxe package that adds a bonus DVD or Blu-ray featuring alternate versions of many videos as well as “an expanded 124-page illustrated hardcover book which includes ‘an appreciation’ of The Beatles’ groundbreaking films and videos by music journalist and author Mark Ellen and extensive, detailed track/video annotation by music historian and author Richard Havers.”

The new Beatles 1 and Beatles 1+ reissue is available for pre-order now.

‘The Beatles 1′ Reissue Track Listing
Disc 1:
“Love Me Do”
“From Me to You”
“She Loves You”
“I Want to Hold Your Hand”
“Can’t Buy Me Love”
“A Hard Day’s Night”
“I Feel Fine”
“Eight Days a Week”
“Ticket to Ride”
“Help!”
“Yesterday”
“Day Tripper”
“We Can Work It Out”
“Paperback Writer”
“Yellow Submarine”
“Eleanor Rigby”
“Penny Lane”
“All You Need Is Love”
“Hello, Goodbye”
“Lady Madonna”
“Hey Jude”
“Get Back”
“The Ballad of John and Yoko”
“Something”
“Come Together”
“Let It Be”
“The Long and Winding Road”

Disc 2:
Video running order repeats from Disc 1, plus:
Paul McCartney audio commentary for “Penny Lane,” Hello, Goodbye, “Hey Jude”
Ringo Starr filmed introductions for “Penny Lane,” “Hello, Goodbye, “Hey Jude, “Get Back”

‘The Beatles 1+’ Bonus Material
Disc 2 includes videos for:
“Twist & Shout”
“Baby It’s You”
“Words of Love”
“Please Please Me”
“I Feel Fine”
“Day Tripper” (alternate)
“Day Tripper” (alternate)
“We Can Work It Out” (alternate)
“Paperback Writer” (alternate)
“Rain” (alternate)
“Rain” (alternate)
“Strawberry Fields Forever” (plus Paul McCartney audio commentary)
“Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows”
“A Day in the Life”
“Hello, Goodbye” (alternate)
“Hello, Goodbye” (alternate)
“Hey Bulldog”
“Hey Jude” (alternate)
“Revolution”
“Get Back” (alternate)
“Free as a Bird”
“Real Love”
-- ultimateclassicrock.com

Last edited:
For these extras? A must for all Fab 4 fans.
1. Paul McCartney audio commentary for “Penny Lane,” Hello, Goodbye, “Hey Jude”.
2. Ringo Starr filmed introductions for “Penny Lane,” “Hello, Goodbye, “Hey Jude, “Get Back”

Reactions: Bruckle
For these extras? A must for all Fab 4 fans.
1. Paul McCartney audio commentary for “Penny Lane,” Hello, Goodbye, “Hey Jude”.
2. Ringo Starr filmed introductions for “Penny Lane,” “Hello, Goodbye, “Hey Jude, “Get Back”
One of the many reasons I will be buying this with no hesitation!

Reactions: PunkNinja
I was hoping to pick it up in stores locally since stuff is this is usually the exact same release worldwide, but it's been stupid delayed here in Australia. Stores didn't get it on the release date last week and said it would come out yesterday. Stores still didn't get it yesterday either. Guess I'll pick it up from Japan for the SHM-CD instead.

So this is pretty crazy, I'm looking to pick this up for Christmas. I'm in Japan and to buy the Japanese set from Amazon.jp it would cost me ¥9000 ($73.40) with free shipping. To buy the U.S. Set from Amazon.com it would cost $50.98 plus $7.98 shipping to Japan. I was about to purchase this one but I thought I'd just double check Amazon.jp. Lucky I did because I found that they have the U.S. Import already imported from the States for ¥5175 ($42.20) with free shipping.
Wtf right?!:wow::woot:
The U.S. Version is cheaper to buy already imported to Japan than to buy the U.S. Version in the U.S.
Doesn't make sense. I half expect the box to arrive and be only the cd or something. Will find out tonight:dunno:
image.jpg

• Informative
So this is pretty crazy, I'm looking to pick this up for Christmas. I'm in Japan and to buy the Japanese set from Amazon.jp it would cost me ¥9000 ($73.40) with free shipping. To buy the U.S. Set from Amazon.com it would cost $50.98 plus $7.98 shipping to Japan. I was about to purchase this one but I thought I'd just double check Amazon.jp. Lucky I did because I found that they have the U.S. Import already imported from the States for ¥5175 ($42.20) with free shipping.
Wtf right?!:wow::woot:
The U.S. Version is cheaper to buy already imported to Japan than to buy the U.S. Version in the U.S.
Doesn't make sense. I half expect the box to arrive and be only the cd or something. Will find out tonight:dunno:
View attachment 203418

The Japanese one is so much more expensive because it's a SHM-CD instead of a regular CD :)

I'm going to have to import it now. Looks like Australia isn't getting this at all. All the local stores have pulled it from their sites, and it never hit our shelves. In fact, I haven't seen the Blu-ray at all, only the regular DVD.

• Informative
The Japanese one is so much more expensive because it's a SHM-CD instead of a regular CD :)

I'm going to have to import it now. Looks like Australia isn't getting this at all. All the local stores have pulled it from their sites, and it never hit our shelves. In fact, I haven't seen the Blu-ray at all, only the regular DVD.
Right :thumbs:, actually @Bruckle is talking about the import charges in Japan. It's cheaper to order the US version from Amazon Japan where he lives than ordering from Amazon US.

Right :thumbs:, actually @Bruckle is talking about the import charges in Japan. It's cheaper to order the US version from Amazon Japan where he lives than ordering from Amazon US.
Ah, my bad. I didn't read it properly. The US version costs about the same for me from Amazon and Amazon Japan. In fact, it's probably a better deal from Japan with the default express shipping.

:thumbs:

Exactly right.:thumbs:
I'm happy to say that it arrived today and is indeed the two bluray set. (I love that Amazon Japan has free shipping on everything, even for those without prime and it usually arrives next day).
Though now it's been put away until Christmas :(:(