Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £17.99

thebfgslb.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh for the love of god, that is now 10 separate releases (for me anyway) for November 21st!
Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't HAVE to buy everything at pre-order especially as you'll more than likely be able to pick up at least 75% of pre-order steelbooks at a later date at a considerably reduced price - if you're prepared to be a little bit patient :)
Of course there are some - and you'll probably know which ones - that are best to pick up sooner rather than later and this particular steel is patently not one of those.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't HAVE to buy everything at pre-order especially as you'll more than likely be able to pick up at least 75% of pre-order steelbooks at a later date at a considerably reduced price - if you're prepared to be a little bit patient :)
Of course there are some - and you'll probably know which ones - that are best to pick up sooner rather than later and this particular steel is patently not one of those.

That is true, I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining. I'm now in the process of deciding what to cancel, the 4 popart steelbooks are sold out as is the Ghostbusters steelbook but I thought the Spider-man 3 steelbook was sold out too, turns out its not. So there are some I can drop & pick up later. :thumbs:

Bit gutted there's no 3D on this as I saw it in IMAX back in July and it was excellent

Might pick it up a bargain bucket prices later but IMHO there's no reason why the 3D disc cant be included. 3D clearly sells in the UK still (Disney are testament to that, only dropping 3D in US for recent releases)

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
Bit gutted there's no 3D on this as I saw it in IMAX back in July and it was excellent

Might pick it up a bargain bucket prices later but IMHO there's no reason why the 3D disc cant be included. 3D clearly sells in the UK still (Disney are testament to that, only dropping 3D in US for recent releases)

Yeah it drives me mad that 3D get such a lack of consideration. As far as I'm concerned 3D is here to stay. I probably have nearly 100 3D films and so I can't see me ever getting rid of my 3D equipment. After all, I'm still going to want to watch Avengers in 3D in 20 years time, so why would I suddenly decide to ditch all my equipment that makes that possible?!

So studios - stop telling us what we want (4K etc) and keep the 3D releases coming. Thank you :mad:;)

• Thanks
if they want to push 4k, that's fine, but not in place of what we already have.
They should go back to the bigger combo releases - I recall getting sets with 2D BR, 3D BR, DVD and Digital copies. Avengers even came with a documentary extra disc and soundtrack. Now THATS a nice package and future proofed (4k wasnt quite out 4 years back, but a 4K disc in that set wouldn't have been bad.)
I'd pay a few quid extra per disc - say £25-£30 for a set such as the one described.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and ChrisIW
  • Thanks
Would much rather have a 4K disc than 3D any day of the week and 5 times on Sunday :)
why not both?

I hated when they removed the digital and DVD copies from combi-packs and hope they dont do the same with 3D discs.

Offer single disc versions or a complete combi pack - just dont remove what we already have. Then everyones happy.

• Thanks
why not both?

I hated when they removed the digital and DVD copies from combi-packs and hope they dont do the same with 3D discs.

Offer single disc versions or a complete combi pack - just dont remove what we already have. Then everyones happy.

I hate 3D films and so do a ton of other people. And judging by the TV manufacturers (who also don't care much for 3D) it will surely die before 2020.
They really should start including 4K instead of 3D. I'd take better resolution instead of 3D in a heart beat.

I hate 3D films and so do a ton of other people. And judging by the TV manufacturers (who also don't care much for 3D) it will surely die before 2020.
They really should start including 4K yes, rather than making you buy twice, but not instead of 3D. I'd take better resolution instead of 3D in a heart beat.
They SHOULD include 4k, yes, but not in place of 3D - Just look at how many people, myself included, arent bothering with this steelbook due to the lack of 3D

When I see a movie at the cinema, I want to be able to watch it in the exact same way, at home. I want the same options available too me, and removing the 3D disc's from releases takes away my choices.

If a movie is released in the cinema's in 3D, then is SHOULD have a 3D home release - simple.
I dont want every movie in 3D, as many dont need it, but this one certainly benefited.

Bring back the combi-packs, but all blu-ray variations : 2D, 3D and 4k

They really should start including 4K instead of 3D. I'd take better resolution instead of 3D in a heart beat.

Agreed, Watched the Jungle Book in 3D the other day and whilst it was actually pretty awesome, it was the first 3D film we've watched at home in about 6 months. Given the choice I'd go for a 4K disc all day.

I thought 3D might have been dwindling out too but the bloke in Curry's told me that most 4K/Smart TV manufacturers still include 3D as standard. They're just focusing their marketing on the 4K anymore instead of the 3D. So it's a given that 3D comes as standard. They're just not cramming it down our throats.

Watched the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 3D the other night and it was fantastic.

Anyway, yes it should be included. Better to have it than not. It's OK for those complaining, they could just choose to not watch it or sell the disc. Those of us that do want it have no options if it's not being sold.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
I thought 3D might have been dwindling out too but the bloke in Curry's told me that most 4K/Smart TV manufacturers still include 3D as standard. They're just focusing their marketing on the 4K anymore instead of the 3D. So it's a given that 3D comes as standard. They're just not cramming it down our throats.

Watched the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 3D the other night and it was fantastic.

Anyway, yes it should be included. Better to have it than not. It's OK for those complaining, they could just choose to not watch it or sell the disc. Those of us that do want it have no options if it's not being sold.
here here, well said.

You're a top guy Javier, and I agree with most of your posts, but please don't speak for everyone when it comes to 3D mate. I really love the 3D format, and to be honest I'd buy pretty most releases in 3D if I had the option. So it makes me kinda angry when I see people wanting to brush 3D aside to make way for something else.

Some of us have a decent collection of 3D films, and it makes me sad to think that in a few years I won't be able to buy any new ones. It doesn't help when I see dozens of new releases that offer 4K but not 3D - why are studios forcing us to choose a format that some of us don't want? If I knew that 3D releases had a long term future then I'd happily back 4K, but the fact is that it is endangering my favourite format - and that sucks (n)

You're a top guy Javier, and I agree with most of your posts, but please don't speak for everyone when it comes to 3D mate. I really love the 3D format, and to be honest I'd buy pretty most releases in 3D if I had the option. So it makes me kinda angry when I see people wanting to brush 3D aside to make way for something else.

Some of us have a decent collection of 3D films, and it makes me sad to think that in a few years I won't be able to buy any new ones. It doesn't help when I see dozens of new releases that offer 4K but not 3D - why are studios forcing us to choose a format that some of us don't want? If I knew that 3D releases had a long term future then I'd happily back 4K, but the fact is that it is endangering my favourite format - and that sucks (n)

I'm sorry if my post was negative sounding. I just don't like 3D because my eyes and head start hurting in less than 5 minutes of watching - that's the only reason I prefer better quality picture instead of 3D. And I know there are quite a few people with the same problem as me and I also know there are people who don't have this issue and love 3D watching.

But I'm pretty sure TV manufacturers are developing some sort of 3D screen/TV that will make use of 3D glasses obsolete or at least not necessary. If or when that happens, I'll happily watch any 3D movie and enjoy it.

Until then, I'd much rather have a 4K picture quality (not remastered 4K, but actual 4K) than 3D. They can still be included in blu-ray packages but they are useless to me.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
out next week i see and amazon have it back to £17.99 again now.

mother in law sorted for christmas she loved this film, i haven't even seen this one yet :hilarious:

basil :thumbs: