The Birds (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

CleverLoginName

Ordnung muss sein.
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release Date: March 21st , 2018
Purchase Links: Dvd-Store - Amazon.it
Price: €14.90 (Dvd-Store) - €18.80 (Amazon)

81wKqz%2BKbDL._SX385_.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just pre-ordered this along with Flatliners, Untouchables, In the Name of the Father, and Karate Kid. all due out 21st March. should be a nice delivery :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Nope, wasn't expecting that! . . . another edition so soon after the September release of the previous steelbook.

Needs to be gloss though to give a menacing sheen to those feathers . . .

Surely other Hitch films are just as deserving . . . but, no, instead we get yet another release of the same old over-familiar two . . . and none of them as cool as the only other Hitch steelbook - the delightful 2013 Saul Bass poster artwork release of "North by Northwest" . . . although admittedly the new minimalist "Psycho" steelbook is a lot nicer in-hand than I'd expected.

For those not keen on the previous slipcased steelbook I suppose the new one is a blessing but smart or cool it ain't.

If Mondo can do something a bit (a lot) different for Disney then why not something for Hitchcock. . . and, yes, even for the "Big Two" (again):-
Haters of Illustrated Art need look no further . . .
Daniel Danger . . .
danger-psychoreg-main_1024x1024.jpeg
ed12ff26e73aaf0abae181e1a9dbe4de.jpg

Ken Taylor . . .
the-birds-mondo-poster-regular-399x600.jpg
the-birds-mondo-poster-variant-399x600.jpg

Adam Simpson . . .
rear_window_photo.jpg

rear_window_photo2.jpg
Simpson_Vertigo_REGULAR_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg
Simpson_Vertigo_VARIANT_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

Adam-Simpson-The-Birds-Hitchcock-Movie-Poster-Variant-Mondo-2016.jpg
Adam-Simpson-The-Birds-Hitchcock-Movie-Poster-Mondo-2016.jpg

We-Buy-Your-Kids . . .
Thomas-Danthony-Vertigo-Movie-Poster-Hitchcock-Mondo-2016.jpg
We-Buy-Your-Kids-The-Birds-Hitchcock-Movie-Poster-Mondo-2016.jpg

Laurent Durieux . . .
b5ab210c1b066ffbf36aa101eeada448.jpg

Tomer Hanuka . . .
psycho-tomer-hanuka.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great...but will never order a steelbook from Amazon Italy again...a real shame cause they have some real deals sometimes.
This is also getting a release from other retailers in Europe
Black Barons are doing a release also

I expect will be announced by other retailers in coming months

Amazon Italy my last order in August packaging was excellent best I ever had might have been a one off or they have changed their packaging

Yes, nothing really wrong with the artwork but it's no classic, that's for sure.

The best image for THE BIRDS?
Plenty of birds and Tippi smoking in the film so why not put 'em together . . . and, no, not comparing the lovely Suzanne Pleshette to a crow.
"Who said chivalry's dead" (lol) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------also bringing to mind one of the most iconic scenes in the film of smoking combined with birds . . .
Roaringrosa . . .
upload_2017-12-19_14-22-47.png
upload_2017-12-19_14-38-21.png
======
upload_2017-12-19_14-50-59.png
upload_2017-12-19_14-50-18.png
upload_2017-12-19_14-57-15.png

No, seriously, one of the original posters would have been neat . . . and there's certainly no shortage of imaginative, colourful and menacing designs out there for this film with just a few of the better ones (imo) selected here:-
e7bdf924f13aa98e58a046658e4e9fba.jpg

-------------------------------------------------- N.E. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Benedict Woodhead ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thebirdsbg1.jpg
benedictwoodhead_birds700.jpg

Flore-Maquin --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ahlmkim02 --------------------------------------------------------------
e1217822fad0d37e0318133686bd6f2a.jpg
e993ba47b30c951c578fa768d9181b61.jpg

Agreed, @virkia. This one isn't quite enough to make me want to upgrade from the Zavvi slipcover one. If the Black Barons edition adds a slipcover that's more movie-specific, maybe with one of the classic posters, then that would be perfect.

I have the Durieux poster on my "Hitchcock wall." Love that one!

I think The Birds needs a serious restoration first but I think what's holding back any such restoration is the work needed to tidy up the matt work on the film. Shame it's probably after Psycho the most famous of his films. Let's face it could any director today make crows as scary as they are in that playground sequence?