The Birds (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi.com - (Pre-order on Saturday 17th of September at 6PM BST)
Price: £15.99 / €19.35
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they could focus on other Hitch movies. They always go for the obvious ones. The Birds doesn't even rank in my Hitch top 10.

My personal Top 20 Hitchcock films:-
1) REBECCA
2) REAR WINDOW
3) SHADOW OF A DOUBT
4) STRANGERS ON A TRAIN
5) NOTORIOUS
6) VERTIGO
7) NORTH BY NORTHWEST
8) THE LADY VANISHES
9) I CONFESS
10) DIAL "M" FOR MURDER
11) SUSPICION
12) LIFEBOAT
13) THE 39 STEPS
14) ROPE
15) THE BIRDS
16) PSYCHO
17) FRENZY
18) MARNIE or SPELLBOUND
19) YOUNG AND INNOCENT
20) THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1934)

That's one difficult list to choose 20 let alone 10 films from his output of well over 60 . . unlikely that anyone at all will go along with these choices in this particular order (LOL).. . . most of the choices on my list from his middle period starting in the U.S. with his very first film over there - REBECCA - and including a smattering of 1930's U.K. pre-Hollywood films. No silent films on the list as I only own one - THE LODGER - and have yet to watch any of the others and nothing later than FRENZY because . . . well, no room on the list :)

http://www.indiewire.com/2014/04/wa...er-and-story-vs-plot-with-jon-favreau-192654/

Rebecca and Notorious are underrated gems..
Not underrated, just underseen here in the U.K. . . . REBECCA in particular . . . with neither granted a BD release here yet.
A while ago got fed up waiting and bought the 3 standalones that make up the "Classics Collection" (REBECCA, NOTORIOUS and SPELLBOUND) - U.S. region free imports - which I also bought but sent back as I didn't appreciate the packaging for the set at all.
Not one of these three films have had a U.K. release yet :(

Reactions: C.C. 95
Not underrated, just underseen here in the U.K. . . . REBECCA in particular . . . with neither granted a BD release here yet.
A while ago got fed up waiting and bought the 3 standalones that make up the "Classics Collection" (REBECCA, NOTORIOUS and SPELLBOUND) - U.S. region free imports - which I also bought but sent back as I didn't appreciate the packaging for the set at all.
Not one of these three films have had a U.K. release yet :(
too bad..love those 3 films..

Reactions: C.C. 95
too bad..love those 3 films..
That's a good collection and those are region free according to @virkia .
That's a pretty good list too, @virkia ! I would find it difficult to make one!
I just watched the 3D edition of Dial M last week!! Still great. (Although, I still find the epilogue weird, where they all decide to have a drink! "Um, he was trying to murder you! Hello?!!!).

Reactions: virkia
I like all Hitchcock films
I have all Hitchcock work both Films and TV productions
VHS Video/DVD/Blu-ray and a hard drive with videos of every film and TV production some which never got an official release
I even have all is early work as in silent films

His TV series Alfred Hitchcock Presents is brilliant
Some of this series was stories written by Roald Dahl who later had a British TV series Tales of the Unexpected and some of the episodes was remakes of stories from Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite Film Director

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and C.C. 95
I like all Hitchcock films
I have all Hitchcock work both Films and TV productions
VHS Video/DVD/Blu-ray and a hard drive with videos of every film and TV production some which never got an official release
I even have all is early work as in silent films

His TV series Alfred Hitchcock Presents is brilliant
Some of this series was stories written by Roald Dahl who later had a British TV series Tales of the Unexpected and some of the episodes was remakes of stories from Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite Film Director
Would you venture to make a list of your top 10 or top 20? Just curious...:D