The Birds (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 26th, 2018
Purchase link: The Birds (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm on Sunday February 4th 2018)
Price: £15.99

11668943-1134549082063637.jpg

11668943-1324549081944948.jpg

11668943-1754549082006391.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Already pre-ordered the same German edition - it's only Euro 12.49 at the moment (with delivery to UK works out almost exactly same price :rofl:), loving the art for this release - certainly more than that creepy as F**K Vertigo edition :LOL: Be nice to have a steel for North By Northwest though with embossed Saul Bass titling font!!!

Love the artwork! It's not one of my favourite Hitchcock's though, so I'll wait for a price drop.

nice artwork! but we've just had this. :confused: there are lots of good Hitchcock's still without steels. looking at the steel releases over the years, you'd think he only made 3 films! steels please for Notorious, Rear Window, Rebecca, Rope, Spellbound, Strangers on a Train, Suspicion... (searches for fingers crossed/prayer emoji)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
nice artwork! but we've just had this. :confused: there are lots of good Hitchcock's still without steels. looking at the steel releases over the years, you'd think he only made 3 films! steels please for Notorious, Rear Window, Rebecca, Rope, Spellbound, Strangers on a Train, Suspicion... (searches for fingers crossed/prayer emoji)

Well, 4 actually . . . but I get your point.
As for the "golden oldies": fingers crossed Eureka picks up some of those you mention to join LIFEBOAT in their Masters of Cinema line.

As for REAR WINDOW and DIAL "M" FOR MURDER steelbooks I'm somehow more hopeful . . .
. . . although the haters of non-traditional artwork will undoubtedly not be happy going by the reaction to VERTIGO - and to this one to a far lesser extent - despite both similarly non-traditional covers.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
how long til the next one? going for 4 Birds steelbooks a year at this rate.

What you on about 4 Birds steelbooks in a year :rofl::LOL:

There has only been 2 steelbook editions of The Birds to date

2016 Limited Edition Slipcase Steelbook (Zavvi UK exclusive) (Sold Out)

2018 55th Anniversary Steelbook (Trade Wide release in Europe with Zavvi getting UK exclusive)

Last edited:
Back art is a bit strange.

Why has she got a lone feather sticking out of her 'lady garden' area? :p

Once you see it you'll not un-see it!!