The Blob (1988) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Scream Factory) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: October 17, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group Buy: hosted by apsmith21

38E52AA7-639E-4FA0-9AF4-3EB264069456.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I've never seen this one, but they made a steelbook in the same vein as their others, like for Army of Darkness and They Live.

I just can't understand why they've made one for some Blob movie, but not for all the 7 Chuckies, or Nightbreed, etc. Those exclusive extra slip covers they bundle would go great as steelbooks instead!

I am super critical of remakes, and that I really liked this says quite a bit! Artwork for this steel is awesome. Just wish we'd get the original Blob someday.

yep, it's a great remake
This is a remake? Well, 1988 is original for me, like Scarface. :D

Reactions: milky
Halloween 2007, not a patch on the original. The other two I can't comment on as I've never seen them.
did you watch the original recently?
the remake is more aggressive, much darker and more brutal ...and the mask is awesome! all what i wanted to see in the remake and the young michael story was a good addition!
i love the original... watched the movie as a teenager and still watch the movie from time to time, but the remake is a much better.

did you watch the original recently?
the remake is more aggressive, much darker and more brutal ...and the mask is awesome! all what i wanted to see in the remake and the young michael story was a good addition!
i love the original... watched the movie as a teenager and still watch the movie from time to time, but the remake is a much better.
I watched the original in 4k recently and still the masterpiece I remember. Still perfection.... Anyone that can take a couple of people walking in a street in broad daylight and creep you out for five minutes, I take my hat off to them...

Reactions: jaws finatic
Received this yesterday (thanks @apsmith21 ), it’s a really classy steelbook and I couldn’t wait to watch it again after all these years.
I really enjoyed it and I never knew that Frank Darabont was one of the script writers, explains all of the obvious Stephen King nods throughout and why it actually holds up after all these years

First I’ve seen of a video of this even though YouTube has loads uploaded from 3 weeks ago.
Looks like spot gloss on the blob.

Hopefully can pick this up at some point

Received this yesterday (thanks @apsmith21 ), it’s a really classy steelbook and I couldn’t wait to watch it again after all these years.
I really enjoyed it and I never knew that Frank Darabont was one of the script writers, explains all of the obvious Stephen King nods throughout and why it actually holds up after all these years
I think the producer of the original Blob, the one with Steve McQueen was involved in it and there is actually a sequel to the original directed by Larry Hagman of all people. Never seen it so can't comment on it.