The Bourne Complete Collection - 20th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition Gift Set) [USA]

Jan 30, 2017
Release date: November 15, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $119.99

810cqK4nx5L._SL1500_.jpg

81Fpr9xD-uL._SL1500_.jpg
81uu49gk+QL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen this?

I was kind of surprised that releases like this giftset still happen, as they seem to be a bit mundane nowadays.
As the Bourne movies are among my fsvourites, I'm guessing I am going to have to plonk for this, as I was going to go for the 4k set anyway, and this will be a good addition to the collection.

Amazon product

Hmm, that's interesting. Depends on the quality of the Chinese backpack, compass and monocular I guess. They alone would be worth more, so I'm guessing corners were cut on the quality severely.

Thats a good point. If the 4k transfers arent up to it, I'd be better off passing on it.
I found this on another forum

8C975B17-1CA8-40A6-91F9-C3F0FF823849.jpeg

-"the 1st 2 Jason Bourne (and possibly the 3rd one) are older masters with a peculiar HDR grade slapped on them."
-"The Bourne movies are a bit questionable. The last two might be legitimately 4K (and from what I could find online Jason Bourne is from a 4K intermediate) but I suspect 2 and 3 are 2K upscales. They don't look bad but not worth it if you already have them on BD."
-"Based on more online research it appears The Bourne Legacy was completed in 2K, so that one is also an upscale, but it's a newer one (at least) and looks pretty good."

Last edited:
I found this on another forum

View attachment 539231
-"the 1st 2 Jason Bourne (and possibly the 3rd one) are older masters with a peculiar HDR grade slapped on them."
-"The Bourne movies are a bit questionable. The last two might be legitimately 4K (and from what I could find online Jason Bourne is from a 4K intermediate) but I suspect 2 and 3 are 2K upscales. They don't look bad but not worth it if you already have them on BD."
-"Based on more online research it appears The Bourne Legacy was completed in 2K, so that one is also an upscale, but it's a newer one (at least) and looks pretty good."
Thanks. Yes, that doesn't read well for those discs.

Thanks. Yes, that doesn't read well for those discs.
It's an interesting list because there definitely times when it is not necessary to upgrade to the 4K Disc when the transfer is subpar with little to no HDR applied, and when our TVs can do a better job just upconverting the 2K disc.
(TBH- if it wasn't for HDR and DOLBY VISION (which are awesome) we really wouldn't need 4K discs- since the majority of films are finished in 2K and then upconverted for 4K discs....and as I mentioned before- our televisions do a fantastic job of upconverting 2K to 4K, so we really don't NEED them to do that upconversion for us. But of course, with an HDR or Dolby Vision pass it makes it absolutely worth it. But, if you had a film that was finished in 2K- and they had a 4K disc with no HDR, I would just get the regular blu ray and let the television do the upconvert.

It's an interesting list because there definitely times when it is not necessary to upgrade to the 4K Disc when the transfer is subpar with little to no HDR applied, and when our TVs can do a better job just upconverting the 2K disc.
(TBH- if it wasn't for HDR and DOLBY VISION (which are awesome) we really wouldn't need 4K discs- since the majority of films are finished in 2K and then upconverted for 4K discs....and as I mentioned before- our televisions do a fantastic job of upconverting 2K to 4K, so we really don't NEED them to do that upconversion for us. But of course, with an HDR or Dolby Vision pass it makes it absolutely worth it. But, if you had a film that was finished in 2K- and they had a 4K disc with no HDR, I would just get the regular blu ray and let the television do the upconvert.
I totally agree. I had preordered, but after reading the reviews, I pulled the pin on it.

I have the UK Ultimate Collection box which contains similar items, other than the backpack (which I dont really care for), and my reasoning was that I wanted the 4k versions, as the Bourne saga is one of my favourites, and I collect limited edition gift sets. But after reading the reviews, I agree, I'll just get the blu ray set.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I'd rather have just the higher resolution without the damn HDR and 'color correction'.
HDR is high dynamic range. SDR is about 100 nits of luminance- if you have and old cathode ray tube tv, then SDR is fine. Modern TVs require increased luminance and gamma of HDR to increase the fidelity of the pixels (since there are MUCH more of them). (Modern films are mastered to about 1000 to 5000 nits)
HDR and DV allow a much bigger range of fidelity. (HDR about 1 Billion colors, DV about 68 Billion).
color correction happens in the SDR stage as well as HDR passes and DV passes.
You can have bad to excellent color correction whether you are in SDR or HDR. However, 10 bit HDR (and 12 bit DV) will get you much closer to the original image intended than 8 bit SDR at 16 million colors.

Whatever, this nits race after whichever telly burns your eyes out faster is not for me.
All I know is I like my screen to be set exactly as I'm used to, calibrated with a THX test, and HDR source video automatically hikes up its brightness, messing with my settings, and all it does is on a non-OLED screen parts of the dark image are greyer, than they would be, while colors do not look better. Basically it's brighter, and murkier at the same time.

d86e0ed6-7034-4f0f-a0e4-0c425168a22e_text.gif

33cef1cb-ee1a-4abd-9485-ae277ffb1a68_text.gif

Whatever, this nits race after whichever telly burns your eyes out faster is not for me.
All I know is I like my screen to be set exactly as I'm used to, calibrated with a THX test, and HDR source video automatically hikes up its brightness, messing with my settings, and all it does is on a non-OLED screen parts of the dark image are greyer, than they would be, while colors do not look better. Basically it's brighter, and murkier at the same time.

View attachment 539251
View attachment 539252
if you really want SDR, i recommend a Panasonic or Sony player which can convert HDR Rec.2020 to SDR Rec.709.
I would recommend just doing a separate calibration for HDR and SDR on differents Picture modes. That way you can choose between the two. (Similar to Game Mode having a separate calibration).

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero