The Breakfast Club - 35th Anniversary (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: February 4, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $14.99

1572674261000.jpeg

Wow really? People waiting forever for a steelbook for this movie (not me) but all they come up with is this tired locker art already used on Grosse Pointe Blank and Grease and others? Awful colour and an awful steelbook.

Since this is from Universal I'm wondering if they'll use the same crap art for Back To The Future's 35th Anniversary steelbook in 2020 also. Maybe with a doodle of a skateboard, a guitar and a "kick me" sign. :rolleyes:

It's OK. The makers of this steelbook can forget about me buying it.

This proves to me that for all of the people who complain about crap art on steelbooks that there are still people who will buy any steelbook for a movie that they love. This could have been a black steelbook with a plain white title printed on it and nothing more and people would still say "finally!" with a fist pump in the air.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83 and MM3
Grosse Point Blank:
full

full

Grease
1572697193521.jpeg

While it’s not the artwork I would’ve gone with (wondering what a @Noodles mock-up would look like), I’m just glad they’re finally SteelBooking it. And yeah, it’s not the most unique artwork. But how many SteelBooks exist that are just a close up of the main character centered on the front? I bet you I could pull 20 off my shelves like that without even trying.

With a bunch of keep case releases with the same group shot this is perfect art for the steelbook ...
1572698069803.png

... if a tad derivative of other High School and related movies:-
1572697605874.png
1572697717802.png
1572697939602.png
1572698237237.png
1572698579465.png

Grosse Point Blank:
full

full

Grease
View attachment 453299

While it’s not the artwork I would’ve gone with (wondering what a @Noodles mock-up would look like), I’m just glad they’re finally SteelBooking it. And yeah, it’s not the most unique artwork. But how many SteelBooks exist that are just a close up of the main character centered on the front? I bet you I could pull 20 off my shelves like that without even trying.

Tempted to get both of those steelbooks to go with this release.

It's OK. The makers of this steelbook can forget about me buying it.

This proves to me that for all of the people who complain about crap art on steelbooks that there are still people who will buy any steelbook for a movie that they love. This could have been a black steelbook with a plain white title printed on it and nothing more and people would still say "finally!" with a fist pump in the air.

When I hate a steelbook artwork, I just say pass.