Horror-Theatrical The Crooked Man (Conjuring Spin-Off) - In theaters TBA

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Source: THR

'Conjuring 2' Spinoff 'The Crooked Man' in the Works (Exclusive)
Mike Van Waes has been hired to write the horror story about the tall, slender character who first appeared in James Wan's horror sequel.

The Conjuring franchise continues to expand, with New Line getting to work on a Conjuring 2 spinoff based around the character of the Crooked Man.

Mike Van Waes has been hired to pen the script from a story by James Wan, who serves as the chief architect of the Conjuringuniverse.

The Crooked Man made his first appearance in The Conjuring 2, the Wan-helmed horror hit that opened in theaters in June. The film series stars Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga as Lorraine and Ed Warren, the real-life paranormal researchers who help people whose homes have been plagued by malicious spirits.

Wan and Peter Safran are producing The Crooked Man, the next chapter in this growing universe.

The Crooked Man character is based on an English nursery rhyme: "There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile. /He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile. /He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse. /And they all lived together in a little crooked house."

The tall, slender character has had plenty of pop culture appearances over the years. The poem was recited in the third season of TV series Fargo and a film titled The Crooked Man was released earlier this year.
c4.gif

I'm actaully put off by this news.

Conjuring 2 was very good like the 1st but was ruined by the 2 crooked man moments

Me and my mate literally started laughing it was so bad

James Wan Offers Crooked Man Movie Update
Source: ScreenRant
The Crooked Man: “We think we have a really exciting story. What we want to do, with The Conjuring universe, is we want each of our little offshoots to have a very different flavor, right? So, for example, Annabelle is the classic sort-of haunted doll subgenre. And with The Crooked Man, I would love to push it more down somewhat of that dark fairytale, and more whimsical, subgenre. I love the idea that, within the Conjuring universe, each of our little movies all have their own flavor, so that way they don’t feel like they’re the same films.”