The Crow - 30th Anniversary (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 7, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Bull Moose
Price: $30.99 (Amazon) - $27.97 (Bull Moose)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

617IGQKv6TL._SL1024_.jpg

51a3i7yi9rL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much of the movie was filmed without Brandon after he died?

He was shot just 3 days before filming was scheduled to wrap. The cast and crew took 6 months off, and then returned to work so they could finish the film in his memory. Most of the flashbacks where you don't see Eric's face were done with one of two doubles: Jeff Cadiente and future "John Wick" director Chad Stahelski. Special effects were used to superimpose Brandon into existing footage, like when he walks into the loft doorway after being resurrected, his brief reflection in the cracked mirror, and the first glimpse of his Crow makeup in the lightning storm.

As far as I know, only four major scenes aside from flashbacks were done without Brandon. The first was when Sarah visits him at the loft - we never see his face. The second is T-Bird's death scene; the one shot of Brandon is reused footage from Gideon's pawn shop (its also why Eric never speaks in that moment). The last two are connected - Eric's second run across the rooftops while being pursued by the police, and his brief car ride with Albrecht. I think that's about it, and I've seen the movie many times over the past 30 years.

He was shot just 3 days before filming was scheduled to wrap. The cast and crew took 6 months off, and then returned to work so they could finish the film in his memory. Most of the flashbacks where you don't see Eric's face were done with one of two doubles: Jeff Cadiente and future "John Wick" director Chad Stahelski. Special effects were used to superimpose Brandon into existing footage, like when he walks into the loft doorway after being resurrected, his brief reflection in the cracked mirror, and the first glimpse of his Crow makeup in the lightning storm.

As far as I know, only four major scenes aside from flashbacks were done without Brandon. The first was when Sarah visits him at the loft - we never see his face. The second is T-Bird's death scene; the one shot of Brandon is reused footage from Gideon's pawn shop (its also why Eric never speaks in that moment). The last two are connected - Eric's second run across the rooftops while being pursued by the police, and his brief car ride with Albrecht. I think that's about it, and I've seen the movie many times over the past 30 years.
+
the scene of eric playing guitar in the rooftop
eric's death flashbacks where you cant see his face

But since I don't have a 4K setup, the only way I'm buying is if they finally put some all-new extras on an included Blu-Ray disc.
Then you're not getting it, because there is no included Blu-ray, at least in the two announced US UHD versions.

Been waiting years for this one

Saw a few pics on insta

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_182541_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_182541_Instagram.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240220_182549_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_182549_Instagram.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240220_182557_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_182557_Instagram.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 49
Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the thrilling, cult classic THE CROW when it arrives for the first time on 4K Ultra HD™May 7, 2024 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released on May 13, 1994, THE CROW entranced audiences and critics alike with its gothic aesthetic, breathtaking action, and Brandon Lee’s soulful performance at the center of director Alex Proyas’ revenge fantasy. A sleeper box office hit, the film developed a passionate cult following that spawned three sequels, a television series, a video game, toys, and novels. Based on the comic book saga of the same name by James O’Barr, THE CROW delivers an action-packed thriller bursting with hypnotic style and dazzling visuals.

Newly remastered, THE CROW will be available nationally on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ with new and legacy bonus content and access to a Digital copy of the film. In addition, there will be a limited-edition SteelBook™ with a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc and access to a Digital copy of the film, featuring an o-sleeve with a cutout of a crow that lifts to reveal a portrait of Brandon Lee with his guitar.

Both releases include a brand-new three-part documentary created for the 30th anniversary entitled “Shadows & Pain: Designing The Crow.” The new piece is a fascinating deep dive with legendary production designer Alex McDowell, who discusses all aspects of designing the 1994 classic, as well as his experience working with visionary director Alex Proyas and the film’s late star, Brandon Lee.

Also, for the first time on disc, the releases include a conversation with the late Hollywood legend Edward R. Pressman who discussed his prolific career on the occasion of Sideshow Collectibles’ release of a limited figure for THE CROW.

New and legacy bonus content included detailed below:

Shadows & Pain: Designing The Crow – NEW!
-Angels All Fire: Birth of the Legend
-On Hallowed Ground: The Outer Realm
-Twisted Wreckage: The Inside Spaces

Sideshow Collectibles: An Interview with Edward R. Pressman – NEW TO DISC!
Audio Commentary with Director Alex Proyas
Audio Commentary by Producer Jeff Most and Screenwriter John Shirley
Behind the Scenes Featurette
A Profile on James O'Barr

Extended Scenes:
-The Arcade Bombing
-The Funboy Fight
-The Shootout at Top Dollar's

Deleted Footage Montage                                      
Trailer

That artwork is truely awful in my opinion. The Wal-Mart is slightly better. But surely if any steelbook needed ever to be black it's THE CROW! I wonder if any other versions will appear.... Zavvi in the UK perhaps

That artwork is truely awful in my opinion. The Wal-Mart is slightly better. But surely if any steelbook needed ever to be black it's THE CROW! I wonder if any other versions will appear.... Zavvi in the UK perhaps
Don't expect a 3rd design to pop up, a 2nd was surprising tbh.

Is a UK release planned for this? I know France and Germany are getting it.
Zavvi UK is releasing a steelbook version with the same artwork that Amazon and B&N have in the US. Zavvi UK, and another one that has the artwork on the Wal-mart exclusive US one, for a few pounds more than the other artwork version Zavvi UK. Both are 2-disc sets that include a blu-ray disc as well!

For the US:

Target has two listings, one for $24.99 and one for $29.99. Neither has an image and both have little info about the packaging, so it's difficult to tell if one is a steelbook. The $29.99 listing (Target)has UPC 191329262047, which is the same one DiabolikDVD lists on their (sold out) 4K-only steelbook pre-order (@ $27.99 DiabolikDVD). So it looks like Target will have the steelbook but in a single-disc version only.

Zavvi US has a release with the same artwork as the Amazon and B&N ones, but it's the 2-disc set for $38.99. Zavvi US Theirs may be the only option for a 2-disc set (US or UK), but that would probably be the one to get for the best feature selection, unless the 4K and BR discs both have the same extra content.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mararagan