Now Streaming The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Limited Series) [Netflix]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
darkcrystal-netflix.jpg

The 10-episode fantasy adventure series serves as a prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal, and takes place many years before the events of the film. The series will be shot in the U.K., and will star an ensemble of fantastical, state-of-the-art creatures created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and Brian Froud, the original feature’s conceptual designer.

“The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will combine the art of puppetry perfected by The Jim Henson Company, with Louis’ vision, powerful storytelling and a mix of cutting-edge digital imagery and visual effects,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content at Netflix. “I can’t wait for families around the world to see how we bring these unique characters to life.”

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
7 episodes in and I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit. You have to appreciate what they have accomplished with puppets, obviously some of the movements aren’t perfect but the practical affects do add to the experience.

Reactions: Robles
7 episodes in and I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit. You have to appreciate what they have accomplished with puppets, obviously some of the movements aren’t perfect but the practical affects do add to the experience.

Only watched the first episode so far, great stuff.

Yeah the puppetry will never be perfect but they done a pretty darn good job of it :thumbs: It's super difficult to get anything like this 100% bang on plus it's adds to the fact that they are puppets and not animated characters.

It's a fantastic mix if CGI and puppetry, the team's behind it done an amazing job of bringing the whole thing to life..

Reactions: jcm