The Dark Knight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on June 23 around 11 AM for Red Carpet subscribers, 12 PM general sale, UK Time)
Price: £16.99
Notes: 2 Discs

12607900-1144775350974681.jpg

Last edited:
This don’t make sense.

So they are re releasing this whole dark knight wave but the dark knight has different art. We never got this art before. It was Canada and somewhere else.
I might put a pre order in but it will look rubbish with the same finish as the Canadian steel

This is the dark knight we got

E9144F05-77B6-4FF7-ACAC-B0DFAF9EC757.jpeg

Reactions: MrSquifler
This don’t make sense.

So they are re releasing this whole dark knight wave but the dark knight has different art. We never got this art before. It was Canada and somewhere else.
I might put a pre order in but it will look rubbish with the same finish as the Canadian steel

This is the dark knight we got
Netherlands and Belgium got the art that's now going to be stocked.

I much prefer the art you posted to one that's going to be stocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Netherlands and Belgium got the art that's now going to be stocked.

ahh ok. Knew it was somewhere.
I own the Canadian one but it was one of the first steelbooks I bought when I got into collecting and the journey from Canada to here gave it a lovey dent. Only thing is, the metallicy bad matte finish is really really bad. It’s a very boring finish, the lowest of metallic matte form lol. I’m hoping this will be different.

there’s also a version with the credits right at the top instead of an inch below but that might be the DVD steelbook

ahh ok. Knew it was somewhere.
I own the Canadian one but it was one of the first steelbooks I bought when I got into collecting and the journey from Canada to here gave it a lovey dent. Only thing is, the metallicy bad matte finish is really really bad. It’s a very boring finish, the lowest of metallic matte form lol. I’m hoping this will be different.

there’s also a version with the credits right at the top instead of an inch below but that might be the DVD steelbook
I'm not sure. I bought a TDKR from a 2nd hand shop for €5 as well - I think it's the same series of releases as this one.
The finish is pretty poor and it has a Blu-Ray banner across the top.

This one:

This steelbook with same artwork got a release in 2015 in Germany/France and some other European countries

France release from 2015 not my video

Reactions: St4rlord
Is it confirmed that its gonna be this artwork? If yes im gonna cancel batman begins.. was really hoping this would have a different artwork or maybe a new one with joker on the front... maybe to much high hopes there :rofl:

Reactions: MrSquifler
I purchased all of these designs previously. They are gathering dust. At the time they were 'must haves' but it it would be nice to have UK releases with new art for these films. Will wait for 4K.

It would be cool, if they could upgrade the artwork. This Steelbook have too much negative space over the actor names. On the lower part some cool details are missing (fire on the wheel). Further, the German DVD Steelbook finish was very cool, maybe they could use the same finish here.