The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
hey folks, not much of a surprise from WB, but I've just heard from my contact from Future Shop that there will indeed be a Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray Steelbook.
I've attached the mockup art that I've received directly from Future Shop.

Release date: December 4th, 2012
Pre-order link: FS link
Price: {param} $27.99

TDKR_Future_Shop.jpg

Other arts:
M2201035.jpg

M2201035_1.jpg

Last edited:
Price dropped from $39.99 + taxes to $27.99 + taxes :scat:

^^^ now thats more like it. :)

You'd be willing to buy aUS version from a seller here and pay the import/shipping fee's? Or is there another way of Canadians obtaining US Steelbooks? (Especially Vancouver, since we're so close to the border)

^^^ Hey, there are no import/tax fees on an item with this value basically but obviously you gotta' pay for the shipping cost which is around $4-5 from the US from Western States to Vancouver. All you gotta' have added into that equation is a friendly American willing to buy the steelbook for you and ship it to you. There is strong rumor the USA release will be $22.99 so to me that price plus shipping cost is worth the hassle to get the extra bonus material the US is getting along with the steelbook that we are likely not going to get (but again that could change). Heck, Best Buy Canada is basically charging $40 plus tax for the same extra bonus material coming with the US steelbook release in amaray form of TDKR with a slip-cover.

Does anyone know what this includes? A Blu & DVD disc and what else?

Does it have Any of these?:

BLU-RAY COMBO PACK:

- “THE BATMOBILE” DOCUMENTARY: Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman’s arsenal as you journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon. (01:00)

- ENDING THE KNIGHT: A comprehensive look into how Director Christopher Nolan and his production team made “The Dark Knight Rises” the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.

- Production
The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking
Return to the Batcave
Beneath Gotham
The Bat
Batman vs Bane
Armory Accepted
Gameday Destruction
Demolishing a City Street
The Pit
The Chant
The War on Wall Street
Race to the Reactor

- Characters
The Journey of Bruce Wayne
Gotham’s Reckoning
A Girls Gotta Eat

- Reflections
Shadows & Light in Large Format
The End of A Legend

- Trailers

- Art Galleries

- UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices

DVD:

- The Journey of Bruce Wayne

- UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices

Huge thanks to Mehdi for helping me secure this one. And special thanks to HDN for the low low price.

CA - Star Trek Into Darkness

Matte finish and a different paint job to the worldwide release. This loses the purple haze when moving to the light. I've added comparison shots.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

ytAHGwt.jpg

aq4mp56.jpg

QS85xGN.jpg

ebPg0Ie.jpg

TVjrPPm.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

dNyH5bi.jpg

9lanjZa.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

PSoWqI9.jpg

680IzJc.jpg

Comparison to Worldwide release

9cqC2YD.jpg

9EolGrR.jpg

qQPxMAa.jpg

AgvnA87.jpg

This style steelbook for me is still one of my favourite steels. Its just so simple yet has the exact style for the film with the artwork.

This is tons better than the re-release with batman and bane looking like they are going to kiss.

Reactions: 369
Ricster.
CA - Star Trek Into Darkness

Matte finish and a different paint job to the worldwide release. This loses the purple haze when moving to the light. I've added comparison shots.

I had the Best Buy edition and when I compared it to the UK version you could clearly see the difference. The BB was matte with a roughness to the texture plus multiple scratches to the paintwork. The UK had a nice smooth finish witha sheen and purple/ orange colour when held at different angles. I only purchased the BB version for the added feature.