The Dark Tower (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Sunrise Records Exclusive) [Canada]

Mar 23, 2013
NB | Canada
Release date: October 31, 2017
Purchase link: In store only
Price: CDN $38.99

thedarktower.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen the movie. I've only seen negative comments about it unfortunately.
But I admit I do like that steelbook.

Good for them. Last time i was at Sunrise I talked to the guy (who's been there since HMV days) about Sunrise potentially getting exclusive steelbooks like BestBuy. He did say it could happen, but it's just that Sunrise management didnt have enough staff to dedicate for things like that since they went from a handful of stores to 70+ across Canada. So here's to hoping they continue and dont give up after this title.
My only worry is that this movie didnt do well in theatres and wasnt well received by critics. Which will impact sales. As much as i wanna support them I won't be purchasing this steelbook. So hopefully their next steelbook is a better received title.

I'm having a very weird confused moment... I already knew sunrise was getting this a while ago (I've even had Dark Tower Sunrise Steelbook written in my calendar for weeks)...
Could have sworn we had a thread and everything. But i can't find any mention of it anywhere on here. Am I going crazy?

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I'm having a very weird confused moment... I already knew sunrise was getting this a while ago (I've even had Dark Tower Sunrise Steelbook written in my calendar for weeks)...
Could have sworn we had a thread and everything. But i can't find any mention of it anywhere on here. Am I going crazy?
Maybe you're confused because there has been those discussions in the officials BBY Canada forums ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing and kaw
So is anybody here actually grabbing one of these?
I'm curious as to how it will look in hand. I don't have a Sunrise store in any town near me.
I had an HMV though.

Love that Sunrise is going to be getting steelbook exclusives. I really want to support them - but I can't buy this garbage movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Love that Sunrise is going to be getting steelbook exclusives. I really want to support them - but I can't buy this garbage movie.

Well this is probably why Best Buy let them have it and are passing on more titles
I think they learned their lesson with 10 Cloverfield Lane and Chappie.

Ended up purchasing this today. I want to support Sunrise Records as well because they have become a source for good used vinyls, too!

cover.jpg j-Card.jpg frontBack.jpg inlay.jpg

Nothing special about the steelbook itself. Flat matte finish, plain red metal on the inside. Only thing different than world releases is the billingual j-card.