Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Release Date: Q2 2021
Developer: FNTASTIC
The Day Before is an open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America overrun by flesh-hungry infected and
survivors killing each other for food, weapons, and cars. You wake up alone in a world you no longer remember, setting out to
find answers and the resources to survive.

daybefore icon (2).jpg

What Is The Day Before?​

The Day Before's official blurb gives players a fantastic summary of what they can expect from the upcoming game: "You wake up alone in a world you no longer remember, setting out to find answers and the resources to survive." In the upcoming game, players will be thrown into a world that has succumbed to the zombie infection. To survive, players would have to deal will the infected by scavenging for supplies and taking shelter on abandoned houses and buildings. However, apart from zombies, players would also have to deal with other survivors competing for valuable resources.

The Day Before Trailer And Gameplay​

dbefore footage.jpg

With the game's announcement, FNTASTIC also released a trailer giving fans a look at The Day Before's detailed environment. It also revealed that The Day Before will feature not only PvE elements but also PvP. The Day Before will be played in the third person, and its gameplay will feature the core elements of a modern third-person MMO, making it familiar to veteran players of the genre.

In terms of difficulty, players should expect a challenging experience, given that the trailer clearly showed that it would only take a few bullets to kill players. FNTASTIC also described the philosophy behind the game, especially its focus on human nature. While there would be those who would team up against the undead, players should also expect other people to take a violent path to survive.

However, what sets The Day Before from other MMO games is that it will also focus on exploration and survival. Players can team up with friends to traverse the game's open-world with plenty of vehicles that would make exploration more efficient, especially since players will be able to enter individual buildings. Based on the trailer, it is clear that The Day Before's graphics look to be on the realistic side with detailed environments and well-polished character design.

One thing that FNTASTIC was able to show in detail is the wide range of vehicles that players will be able to use in-game. A new gameplay clip showed two vehicles traversing a muddy basin. The footage showed how both vehicles could leave distinct tracks through the mud, showing the level of detail players can expect. Of course, while this is visually pleasing, it also means that there's an opportunity for more complex gameplay, given that other players could use these details to track down and hunt others.

Platforms And Release Date​

The Day Before still has no specific release date, but FNTASTIC promises that the game will come out in the second quarter of 2021. It is worth noting that since The Day Before was just announced last January, it appears that its development has already been going for quite some time now, especially with all the footage that FNTASTIC was able to show players. Unfortunately for console players, The Day Before is only planned to be released on the PC via Steam, and there is no world whether the game will be ported to the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and their last-gen counterparts.

The Day Before is currently in development for PC, planned for release in Q2 2021.
daybefore icon (1).jpg

Reactions: Thoth
It's like a mashup between Days Gone, The Division, The Last of Us etc xD

I am really interested but I'll try not to over hype myself over it cuz games could really disappoint from what is shown in trailers to release day.. especially when it's coming from not a well known company.
I hope they will deliver, the idea of survival and cross-play with other players looks interesting.

It's like a mashup between Days Gone, The Division, The Last of Us etc xD

I am really interested but I'll try not to over hype myself over it cuz games could really disappoint from what is shown in trailers to release day.. especially when it's coming from not a well known company.
I hope they will deliver, the idea of survival and cross-play with other players looks interesting.
I'm really anxious to try this, I think it'll be good but your right we shouldn't over-hype ourselves. I learned that with the release of CyberPunk 2077, a game could be sh!t compared to the trailers.

Reactions: Thoth and Robles
I agree, too many games in the last couple of years have been flops and have definitely not held up to the hype.
This does look pretty good and reminds me of so many games some that have been good and some not so much :wow:
So I guess we will just have to wait and see how it ends up.

Visually looks good and the idea of looting places and surviving zombies and other survivors is also good.
My concern is for game not to be way way wide open world with little content. You don't wanna be stuck just running through endless void forests and hills.
And other thing is how invasive the multiplayer is. Would we be able to play this single campaign co-op with just people we want to invite? Or is it only multiplayer and we all invade same world? Cuz cheaters could quickly put an end to a good experience.

Reactions: Lone Crusader