The Death of Superman (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release date: August 6, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £16.99 (Amazon) - £17.99 (HMV & Zavvi)

81zRoJTLCmL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the same movie as Doomsday? Or is this a new movie?

Even though it's the same story as the Doomsday storyline it's a new movie. The Doomsday movie was a massively cut down version of a the Death of Superman comic book arc. This movie will pull a lot more from the whole arc and will be followed up by another film called 'Reign of the Supermen' in 2019.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stygian
I’m getting this. Even though so far I have the DC Animated movies only in standard amaray editions (and not going to upgrade), now is the time to switch over to steelbook. :) Artwork looks good, looking forward to seeing the film.

I’m getting this. Even though so far I have the DC Animated movies only in standard amaray editions (and not going to upgrade), now is the time to switch over to steelbook. :) Artwork looks good, looking forward to seeing the film.

Got to have them in steelbooks too. That said, you always start somewhere. The good thing is that many of these are fairly cheap should you chose to upgrade in the near future :thumbs: Go Liverpool

Got to have them in steelbooks too. That said, you always start somewhere. The good thing is that many of these are fairly cheap should you chose to upgrade in the near future :thumbs: Go Liverpool
I haven’t checked into it actually, don’t know how much I’d have to invest, assumed it would be quite much. Might check it out anyway. :) Just have decided to be a bit careful, should I re-invest all kinds of series/collections and good movies I have previously bought in standard editions to upgrade to steels, I’ll be broke quickly. :p It’s a fine balance between want and need as everything in life but I’ll certainly check it out. :)

And yes, come on Reds! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: frankfish44
I haven’t checked into it actually, don’t know how much I’d have to invest, assumed it would be quite much. Might check it out anyway. :) Just have decided to be a bit careful, should I re-invest all kinds of series/collections and good movies I have previously bought in standard editions to upgrade to steels, I’ll be broke quickly. :p It’s a fine balance between want and need as everything in life but I’ll certainly check it out. :)

And yes, come on Reds! :thumbs:

With Zavvi getting more of these, it is much cheaper to collect the EU editions as they come along. If you decided to go for some of the USA / CA / MX editions, the biggest investment will be shipping. Some steelbooks are still available on Best Buy and Target shelves and online from both and Amazon. The sold out ones are quite accessible via eBay. To negate the shipping expenses, ask a friend to hold on to the items so they are shipped all together.

Reactions: Hewitt89
Have just watched it. Was going to pre-order the steel, need to double check to see if I did, if so, cancelling. The film was terrible. The voice of Luthor was unbearable to listen to.

Hmm. I just got a revised delivery date yesterday so seems mine is okay. Wonder if this release will be very limited seeing as all three retailers are sold out so early?