Slipbox The Descent (Blu-ray Slipbox) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: Mar 29, 2019
Purchase link:
Price: Fullslip (28.99 USD) - Lenti (29.99 USD)
Notes: 500 copes each

Fullslip
1551873239430.png

01.jpg

Lenti
1551873291277.png

01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this is overall super disappointing.. cant believe they included a loose lenti.. this is soooo 2017

wish i could just send this back :(

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Got the Fullslip and it is a tad disappointing for sure. Some positives though:

1. A Steelbook does fit! Problem is it's near impossible to get it back out because it's so tight. Solved this by using a nice book ribbon!
2. Can confirm that the bluray is the much brighter version of the movie, which means those of us who had the Pathé, now own both versions.

Got the Fullslip and it is a tad disappointing for sure. Some positives though:

1. A Steelbook does fit! Problem is it's near impossible to get it back out because it's so tight. Solved this by using a nice book ribbon!
2. Can confirm that the bluray is the much brighter version of the movie, which means those of us who had the Pathé, now own both versions.
A steelbook will NOT fit. At least not without damaging the slipcover in the process.

I would not recommend it.

received my full slip today.. the spot holofoiling is so utterly pointless :( depending on the lightning, its quite alright, but overall super disappointing :'(

A9ACCF41-39AC-4E8E-B28E-CFFC441C4696.jpeg

Just had a quick disc comparison between this and my UK Steelbook disc.

My UK disc displays as AVC whereas this one displays as MPEG. (I've checked this out online and apparently the UK disc is supposed to be MPEG4 coded so I'm not sure why it's showing as AVC on my set up and not that? :confused: )

This disc looks to be a huge improvement over the UK disc though. Transfer is much better and the audio too. (This has a 7.1 DTS-HD compared to the 5.1 UK one. And it also has a very impressive DD-EX compared to the UK's LPCM track).

Does anyone know was there a new transfer made for this as I know all the previous ones weren't meant to be great?

But it I think this disc looks great. Definitely an improvement on the UK one as I said.....

I really hoped for this to be better edition, since we waited so long to release but oh well..
Here some pics of this edition from me:

Does anyone know if this is the UK version or the US Edited/trimmed version of the movie? Also is the PQ and audio any different? Better - worse?

Last edited:
Just had a quick disc comparison between this and my UK Steelbook disc.

My UK disc displays as AVC whereas this one displays as MPEG. (I've checked this out online and apparently the UK disc is supposed to be MPEG4 coded so I'm not sure why it's showing as AVC on my set up and not that? :confused: )

This disc looks to be a huge improvement over the UK disc though. Transfer is much better and the audio too. (This has a 7.1 DTS-HD compared to the 5.1 UK one. And it also has a very impressive DD-EX compared to the UK's LPCM track).

Does anyone know was there a new transfer made for this as I know all the previous ones weren't meant to be great?

But it I think this disc looks great. Definitely an improvement on the UK one as I said.....
Could you please tell me if this is the UK version or the US Edited/trimmed version of the movie? I’m not really a fan of the ending where she escapes.

Could you please tell me if this is the UK version or the US Edited/trimmed version of the movie? I’m not really a fan of the ending where she escapes.
Hey.

The ending is where you think she's escaped but then it was just a dream and she's under the ground at the end....

Is the UK ending different. Hadn't seen it in ages and only looked at part of the UK disc to compare the PQ! :p

yes, both UK and US are different. The UK ending is what you just described and US ending is the same, except it wasn’t a hallucination as she actually escapes the cave while seeing a ghost then ends with a cheap jump scare. Apparently the ending wasn’t well received at the test screenings for US and the director was forced to change ending. Or maybe it was just an excuse so that they could make a sequel.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
yes, both UK and US are different. The UK ending is what you just described and US ending is the same, except it wasn’t a hallucination as she actually escapes the cave while seeing a ghost then ends with a cheap jump scare. Apparently the ending wasn’t well received at the test screenings for US and the director was forced to change ending. Or maybe it was just an excuse so that they could make a sequel.
Yeah, just checked the ending on my UK disc :p

So is the US release trimmed too you were saying? Or did you just mean the ending?