The Elephant Man - 40th Anniversary Edition (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 6, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on February 8 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3 Discs

12465068-6484742957499138.jpg

12465068-7794742957892123.jpg 12465068-2014742957675571.jpg

3 Discs
Special Features:

• NEW - Interview with Frank Connor, Stills Photography
  • NEW - BFI Q&A With Jonathan Sanger
  • Interview With David Lynch
  • Interview With John Hurt
  • Mike Figgis Interviews David Lynch
  • The Air Is On Fire: Interview With David Lynch at Cartier Foundation
  • Joseph Merrick: The Real Elephant Man
  • The Terrible Elephant Man Revealed

It took them an eternity to shift the last lot. Why do we keep getting the same old crap re-released time and time again when there's much better stuff around?

It took them an eternity to shift the last lot. Why do we keep getting the same old crap re-released time and time again when there's much better stuff around?
Not necessarily because it was "crap", but because it most likely had a large printrun.

Reactions: Granada
Films that were nominated for 8 Oscars, 4 Golden Globes, and winning 3 BAFTAs are probably going to see regular rereleases. In this case, David Lynch's star has risen a lot even just in the last few years, and this is a new 4K edition, not just a repackage of the same blu-ray; so there are probably more people interested now than when the previous steelbook came out. As I tell myself every time I see the tenth steelbook release for some lame Marvel film: If you don't like, don't buy. ;)

So this one's truly a Zavvi-only exclusive? I'm only seeing the collector's boxed set elsewhere.

Zavvi debit card charged 2 days ago but not had my order shipped yet

Hopefully will be on Monday or Tuesday be dispatched
Yes, I've been finding there's been a bigger gap than usual between charging the card and receiving a dispatch email. Understandable in the circumstances, though, of course.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Order dispatched
Estimated delivery date is usual 2 weeks period

Hopefully I will have delivery on Tuesday next week as Monday 13th is a public (Bank) holiday

Hopefully I will have delivery on Tuesday next week as Monday 13th is a public (Bank) holiday

I think we can be pretty sure there'll be no public holiday this year and even there was I don't see people rushing to the beaches! A public holiday in which there is no public to enjoy it.

I think we can be pretty sure there'll be no public holiday this year and even there was I don't see people rushing to the beaches! A public holiday in which there is no public to enjoy it.
Bank Holiday still happens that don't change it remains the same regardless of what is happeing at the moment including your entitlement to be getting paid for the public holiday with your employer
You won't have banks open or any postal service on Monday April 13th as it's Easter Monday