The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 9 October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £44.99

FB_IMG_1689849279901.jpeg

Last edited:
Hair dryer did the trick removing these.
As @samdavies suggests, there’s no ‘reason’ for removing it, I suppose apart from how it looks. But speaking from personal experience: yes, if you leave the glue on long enough, it will definitely do damage. So I remove them as a matter of course.

But, yeah, the real ‘reason’ anyone will offer is likely that is looks way, way better without. And I would agree.
Yes I do recall looking at some of my older DVDs and Blu Ray's that the glue ends up staining the outer cardboard cases in due course.

Usually I just leave my card on if I can get the movies out from the side of the case but am going to go and remove the glue now as don't want them staining.

ok, i think this is about the 5000th time ive clicked on the slipcase edition, expecting to read news about the book one... deluxe.. ultimate.. ffs which one is supposed to sound more premium

Last edited:
So hairdryer around the back side of the jcard, then peel off?
I did the front 2 first, then it's easier to peel back the card and see where the glue is on the back part.

Then I rolled the glue into a ball and dabbed it on the remaining residue which took most of it off and wiped the final bit down with some Isopropyl and a soft tissue.

Attachments

• 20231020_210140.jpg
    20231020_210140.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 20231020_210153.jpg
    20231020_210153.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
So hairdryer around the back side of the jcard, then peel off?
Yeah, but I found that blowing hot air in-between the j-card and the box while gently separating both works nicely.

As the glue softens you'll notice the j-card lifting creating more of a gap for the hot air to travel.

I then add gentle pressure on the j-card until the glue softens and breaks away.

I did this on the back first, then the front and used the BBFC sticker to dab on any residue left over.

Last edited:
Reactions: samdavies
As @samdavies suggests, there’s no ‘reason’ for removing it, I suppose apart from how it looks. But speaking from personal experience: yes, if you leave the glue on long enough, it will definitely do damage. So I remove them as a matter of course.

But, yeah, the real ‘reason’ anyone will offer is likely that is looks way, way better without. And I would agree.

I did the front 2 first, then it's easier to peel back the card and see where the glue is on the back part.

Then I rolled the glue into a ball and dabbed it on the remaining residue which took most of it off and wiped the final bit down with some Isopropyl and a soft tissue.
Yes I always do this now after it happened to one of my slip boxes. I do this with glued on j cards on steelbooks too. Only takes a few minutes of gentle heat. I wouldn’t use any chemical though; The warm glue just rolls off. Bloody glue took a bit of paint off a steelbook one time so wouldn’t risk it .

Yeah, but I found that blowing hot air in-between the j-card and the box while gently separating both work nicely.

As the glue softens you'll notice the j-card lifting creating more of a gap for the hot air to travel.

I then add gently pressure on the j-card until the glue softens and breaks away.

I did this on the back first, then the front and used the BBFC sticker to dab on any residue left over.

Cheers lads. I'll be doing that then. Not spoiling this slip.

ok, i think this is about the 5000th time ive clicked on the slipcase edition, expecting to read news about the book one... deluxe.. ultimate.. ffs which one is supposed to sound more premium
Haha, same! But this seems to be a barbershop aficionados thread, or some kind of beauty salon freaks convention.

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
Stunning transfer however I do mirror what was mentioned about the exorcism end scene. The quality definitely dips.

Just glad to finally own this film on disc and in such a lovely package. Only time I’ve seen the film is through streaming so I was really happy to whack that disc in!