Release date: August 27, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $13.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

The Exorcist-1500.jpg

The Exorcist.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This movie is such a levitating experience. Can't get enough of it. :D

What William Freakin put little Linda Blair through during the filming was a type of child abuse, in my opinion.
Couldn't they have found an actress that was, say, a mature 21-year-old but who looked 12 years old or so?
Freakin was probably just too lazy to find one.

Last edited:
What William Freakin put little Linda Blair through during the filming was a type of child abuse, in my opinion.
Couldn't they have found an actress that was, say, a mature 21-year-old but who looked 12 years old or so?
I’m not familiar with the behind the scene stuff about this movie. What kind of things was she subjected to?

I'm pretty sure she read the script before she signed on for the movie so she knew full well what she was getting into, so I don't see it as "What William put her through". It's more so what she put herself through.
It didn't seem to bother her too much because she starred in the sequel as well, The Heretic.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure she read the script before she signed on for the movie so she knew full well what she was getting into, so I don't see it as "What William put her through". It's more so what she put herself through.
It didn't seem to bother her too much because she starred in the sequel as well, The Heretic.

The rigorous make up she had to sit through took hours apparently, and only signed on to do the sequel on the basis that she not have to go through that again, so I think any scenes in The Heretic featuring a possessed Regan (there aren't that many) feature a stunt double.

The rigorous make up she had to sit through took hours apparently, and only signed on to do the sequel on the basis that she not have to go through that again, so I think any scenes in The Heretic featuring a possessed Regan (there aren't that many) feature a stunt double.
Yeah but how is putting on makeup considered some type of child abuse though. Once again I’m pretty sure she went in knowing what she was getting into.

Yeah but how is putting on makeup considered some type of child abuse though. Once again I’m pretty sure she went in knowing what she was getting into.

That's only one part of it, and asking a child to sit still for hours on end to administer heavy make up on a daily basis is not exactly a pleasant experience. I'm pretty sure she was also the victim of death threats from people who opposed the film. I'm not an expert by any means, but I thought it was common knowledge that she didn't exactly have the best of times during the making of the film.

Not quite on the level of Judy Garland on Wizard of Oz though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
And you really think a 13-year-old could really properly assess what she was getting into? I am a dumb sh*t now and I was a bigger dumb sh*t at the age of 13.

• Haha
Reactions: Hereticz
And you really think a 13-year-old could really properly assess what she was getting into? I am a dumb sh*t now and I was a bigger dumb sh*t at the age of 13.
Yes I do actually. Like I said I’m sure she read the script and knew exactly what she was required to do. If she didn’t understand something I’m sure she asked. Even when I was 13 I knew what demonic possession was but I didn’t care, it was stupid to me until I got a little older and watched the movie and I was like “cool”. If she didn’t know what she was doing, she wouldn’t have done it not to mention she probably wouldn’t have been allowed to do it. It’s the film business, she knew exactly what she was doing.

Linda Blair had no real issues about the film during production

The film to her was all about acting and loved making the film

The problems she had was when film released in the cinemas the response from public and press towards her about film content and subject matter
Some of the public forgot it was fiction and only a film and was nasty towards Linda.

She was not very religious at the time and was only 12 when film was been made

She done an interview back in 2013 for the 40th anniversary

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/4...r-fearnet-s-february-17th-five-film-marathon/

Last edited:
Reactions: Masta Norris
Yes, too bad it's the red instead of the white poster but as they've gone for that look they could have gone the whole hog and supplied a red disc with white print instead of vice versa ... the iconic B&W original silhouette poster by William (Bill) Gold 1921-2018 after all inspired by an equally iconic painting by non other than Magritte.

For a touch of well needed levity a variant of the original design can be seen here ...
1563844832169.png

... and it could be argued that at no time in the history of the U.S. is Father Merrin's services required at The White House than at this time:-
1563845683701.png

Image inspiring posters for more modern horror films including THE NUN:-
1563846092102.png

Yes, too bad it's the red instead of the white poster but as they've gone for that look they could have gone the whole hog and supplied a red disc with white print instead of vice versa ... the iconic B&W original silhouette poster by William (Bill) Gold 1921-2018 after all inspired by an equally iconic painting by non other than Magritte.

For a touch of well needed levity a variant of the original design can be seen here ...
View attachment 439168

... and it could be argued that at no time in the history of the U.S. is Father Merrin's services required at The White House than at this time:-
View attachment 439169

Image inspiring posters for more modern horror films including THE NUN:-
View attachment 439170
Please keep politics out of your posts.
We are here to talk about movies. :thumbs: