Upcoming The Expanse (Season 5) [Amazon]

Sixteenvolt420

TV/Video Game/Music Mod
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
A thriller set two hundred years in the future, The Expanse follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship’s captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

This hour-long, ten episode series is based on the popular New York Times bestselling book series collectively known as The Expanse, written by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey). Abraham and Franck will be show producers.The multi-installment, best-selling book series is published in 17 countries, including China, France, Japan, Australia, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. One in the series, Leviathan Wakes, was nominated for a Hugo Award as well as a Locus Award, while “Caliban’s War” was nominated for a Locus Award.

Thomas Jane (Hung, The Punisher) will play the lead character of Detective Miller, a native of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. Detective Miller works for a corporate security force that operates as the law in the asteroid belt. Ragged and in search of something he can't identify, Miller finds a new sense of purpose when he's put in charge of the investigation of a missing heiress.

Shohreh Aghdashloo (The House of Sand and Fog, 24, House of Saddam) will portray Chrisjen Avasarala, a smart and passionate member of a political family legacy who has risen high in the ranks of Earth's governing body.

Steven Strait (Magic City, City Island, 10,000 B.C.) will play Holden, an officer on the ice-carrying freighter, the Canterbury. Holden is a natural leader who's not sure he wants responsibility, but will soon have no choice when he is drawn into a dangerous plot.

Other series regulars include Dominique Tipper (Vampire Academy), Cas Anvar (Olympus), Wes Chatham (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay) and Florence Falvre (Alpha House, The Following). Jonathan Banks (Community, Breaking Bad), Paulo Costanzo (Royal Pains) and Jay Hernandez (Nashville, Gang Related) will appear as guest stars during the first season.

The Expanse is produced by Alcon Television Group, a division of Alcon Entertainment. Academy Award-nominated screenwriting duo Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Alfonso Cuaron’s Children of Men, Iron Man) wrote the pilot; they will continue to serve as writers, as well as executive producers. Alcon's co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson will serve as executive producers with Sharon Hall. Alcon Television executive Ben Roberts will serve as co-producer. Ben Cook will serve as producer. Sean Daniel (Graceland, The Mummy) and Jason Brown of the Sean Daniel Company developed the original pitch, with Fergus and Ostby, and will also executive produce.

expanse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching it. I was so bored after the first 3 episodes, i won't continue watching. I just felt like somebody threw me into a series like 3 or 4 seasons in.

Has anyone been watching this? ...I hear its fantastic! Hope to catch up on it in the next few days.

I was watching it. I was so bored after the first 3 episodes, i won't continue watching. I just felt like somebody threw me into a series like 3 or 4 seasons in.

I'm not feeling the detective storyline as much, but I think I'll give it a shot through all ten episodes. When we got to eps 3&4 I thought it picked up a bit over the first couple.

I saw the pilot myself and it did nothing for me. Maybe if i have time to kill, ill give the next three episodes a chance.

I'm 2 episodes in now... I like it. It doesn't have the hook that Battlestar had. But I'm going to keep going.

I urge you to watch episode 4 before quitting.... it picks up pace 1000% in that episode.

I may watch it on free on demand if i ever get caught up on my dvr. I loved Killjoys and Dark Matter immediately. I loved Caprica much more than this after 3 episodes, and of course SYFY canceled that. I loved Childhood's End, though. It stinks that i was just a 3 day mini-series.

Really surprised it got renewed for season 2. The ratings keep dropping with each new episode. Maybe they're thinking they can get people to invest their time in the show, if it's already renewed?

Maybe i need to give the first few episodes another go. I must be missing something, as a lot of other science fiction fans seem to love it.

Really surprised it got renewed for season 2. The ratings keep dropping with each new episode. Maybe they're thinking they can get people to invest their time in the show, if it's already renewed?

Maybe i need to give the first few episodes another go. I must be missing something, as a lot of other science fiction fans seem to love it.
I've watched the firs 4 episodes and the show has been good so far, so a second season makes sense.Plus, SYFY usually gives their original shows a chance to catch on before they get the axe.

The show started off kinda slow and did little in the way of explaining a few key things, but after a few episodes it all makes sense.The war between Earth and Mars, the belters getting the shaft either way and then a cool detective story to run along side the main story.

730full-dominique-tipper.jpg

plus they have this.Which i would gladly l accept a second season that consist of nothing but her B - Roll.

Just finished eps 4. WOW. You weren't kidding! That was crazy good.

Indeed. I almost quit after episode 3 but then I thought heck why not watch 4 before quitting and boom! I think this might be a little like how Shield started which was slow for 5 episodes if i remember right before finally moving pace.

@Jason Bourne I hope that is the case with this show. I hear the books are great so at least we know they are going off strong source material.

Like a lot of people have expressed, I want something more out of Miller's storyline. He is a cool character but nothing much seems to be happening with his search for that girl. I hope that turns around soon.

@Jason Bourne I hope that is the case with this show. I hear the books are great so at least we know they are going off strong source material.

Like a lot of people have expressed, I want something more out of Miller's storyline. He is a cool character but nothing much seems to be happening with his search for that girl. I hope that turns around soon.

Agreed that is the storyline Im waiting to see if it will propel forward as well. Ill be honest I only considered watching the show from the trailer because I saw Tom Jane in it, lol.

@Jason Bourne felt like eps 5 for sure took a big step forward in Millers story as I was hoping!
...Sadly the episode wasn't as good as 4. Hard to follow that up I guess.

Regardless, I'm enjoying this series. Glad we are getting a second season. Curious where all this is all going... may have to pick up the books... and... read? :confused:

Reactions: Jason Bourne
@Jason Bourne felt like eps 5 for sure took a big step forward in Millers story as I was hoping!
...Sadly the episode wasn't as good as 4. Hard to follow that up I guess.

Regardless, I'm enjoying this series. Glad we are getting a second season. Curious where all this is all going... may have to pick up the books... and... read? :confused:

Yeah they progressed Millers story in that episode a fair amount which was great. Im still teetering with this series... I just havent been able to connect with any of the characters but the show itself as a whole is solid enough. Ill keep watching it until a) I completely lose interest or b) Im overloaded with shows, lol, and its time to cancel a few purely out of inability to watch them all! <<< My usual story with all TV shows :p

Tom Jane's haircut is driving me mad though - every time he takes off his hat to fix his hair, I yell at the TV for him to put back on the hat! lol