The Fifth Element (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: August 24, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 2 at 12 PM for Red Carpet and 6 PM for everyone else UK Time)
Price: £24.99

12590579-2134770486719910.jpg

12590579-1144770486950760.jpg
12590579-1404770486894669.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This keeps popping back up in stock but I'm still waiting for my pre-order from when it was first listed. The order hasn't changed from processing and no attempt to charge my card:wow:
Will this more than likely mean that the order won't be honoured. Anyone else had this before?

This keeps popping back up in stock but I'm still waiting for my pre-order from when it was first listed. The order hasn't changed from processing and no attempt to charge my card:wow:
Will this more than likely mean that the order won't be honoured. Anyone else had this before?

Have you contacted Zavvi CS?

Reactions: Robles
Have you contacted Zavvi CS?
Lost count mate to how many times I have :LOL: :thumbs:

It looks like an auto-response everytime I get a reply from them saying the same thing everytime.

Just curious, has anyone had theirs dispatched from the restock? I got charged immediately and no dispatch email, nothing.

I’m not a lawyer but I’m pretty sure you can’t legally charge for goods and not send them unless pre-agreed (as with a pre-order)?

Just curious, has anyone had theirs dispatched from the restock? I got charged immediately and no dispatch email, nothing.

I’m not a lawyer but I’m pretty sure you can’t legally charge for goods and not send them unless pre-agreed (as with a pre-order)?
Not me, not yet at least. Been charged as well. I ordered the Gamera set a day later and it has already dispatched, so something is definitely amiss.

• Thanks
Reactions: Headhunter
Same, not yet dispatched, just stuck in Processing. Received order email Tuesday, 8th at 12:39. Not in a rush though, I'm assuming it will be shipped next week somewhere.

• Thanks
Thanks everyone for your replies. I just had this email from Zavvi:

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of The Fifth Element - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. The Fifth Element - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

I think we all know what that means by now: we don’t have any left despite the fact we’ve taken your money. Please enjoy being given the run around by us until you lose patience, cancel, and wait for us to eventually refund you.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I just had this email from Zavvi:

Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of The Fifth Element - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. The Fifth Element - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock.

You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your account and following the prompts. Once your order has been sent you will receive an e-mail to tell you it is on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

I think we all know what that means by now: we don’t have any left despite the fact we’ve taken your money. Please enjoy being given the run around by us until you lose patience, cancel, and wait for us to eventually refund you.
Really can’t stand their generic copy and paste responses, it’s totally crap.

With today’s technology they should have an accurate stock count on their system, that should avoid this type of thing.

Bloody amateurs.

We should have a Zavvispeak glossary here.

“On special order with our supplier” means “We have over-sold this, have none left, and are too scared/incompetent to tell you straight”

“Raised this with the warehouse” means “we have screwed up even more than usual and frantically trying to find someone to blame”

etc...

Reactions: Steelselecta
Ok I got a response from Zavvi:

First of all, we would like to apologise for the experience you’ve had concerning the delayed delivery of your order.

We’ve experienced unprecedented order volumes over the past couple of weeks and due to this unexpected increase in orders and the additional safety precautions implemented to protect our employees, delays in despatch times are to be expected.

Please rest assure that our team are working as fast as possible to ensure you receive your parcel as soon as possible. We will provide further communications regarding your order shortly, so please continue to check your emails and your online account for further updates.

If you require any further support or have any additional questions then please contact our customer service team who will be happy to help.

Regards,

Zavvi international customer service

So it's different from the other email they sent @Headhunter so maybe there's hope yet for all of us! Who knows

• Thanks
Different copy/paste response from another customer service person. This one is not even checking actual stock, the other one at least seems to have checked stock level :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: aregularguy