Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.22 star(s) Rating: 3.22/5 9 Votes
Title: The Flash

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure

Director: Andy Muschietti

Cast: Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons, Billy Crudup, Michael Keaton

Release: 2022-07-01

Plot: The standalone film with The Flash set in the DC Extended Universe.

20230530_142240.jpg

Just saw this, what a mixed bag does some things really well but then lets itself down with some stupid stuff as well. Almost like we need a Synder cut to do it right ;)

Worth seeing for the surprises though before they're spoiled online

There is some really bad CGI, a questionable song choice, but I really enjoyed it.
Agree on the CGI, especially the sheer AMOUNT of it, goddamn half of the faces in this aren't real. It just looks so f***ing ugly...
What song choice are you refering to?

The Affleck face when he's on the bike is jarring, so badly done. The song plays when the Flashes scene from the trailer is happening. It was just a bit cheesy and didn't really fit for me, kind of lowered the implied stakes. The Raconteurs - Salute Your Solution.

Can't believe that the OP was in 2014 and its finally now TODAY. Insane.

Just got back from seeing it in IMAX. Thought it was very fun and an enjoyable ride. I will agree with you guys that the CGI faces were very off-putting.
A lot of the movie really worked for me... But I found the ending somewhat disappointing.

I loved some of the surprises in this that I wont spoil. But Im sure it will get out soon so be warned.

Reactions: Flloydo and 3Maters
I too was a bit let down by the ending but overall really enjoyed it and the 1.85 aspect ratio looked great in IMAX.
Had an old school, dare I say Chris Columbus sound/look/feel to it.

Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Enjoyed this more than I thought I would, have to say Supergirl was a highlight of the movie for me as she was quite a compelling character in the limited amount of screen time she had(she would’ve been great as Kara with Henry Cavill’s Clark).

Thought the multi-verse colliding was a little jarring with all the unnecessary fan service cameos

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Enjoyed this more than I thought I would, have to say Supergirl was a highlight of the movie for me as she was quite a compelling character in the limited amount of screen time she had(she would’ve been great as Kara with Henry Cavill’s Clark).

Thought the multi-verse colliding was a little jarring with all the unnecessary fan service cameos
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Please be considerate when discussing plot details however, since they can be considered spoilers.

Reactions: JamieDeak