Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

63304830_500x500_2.jpg

63304830_500x500_4.jpg

63304830_500x500_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UK - The Fly

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

J54fLLr.jpg

clhyHiY.jpg

UvVkU1c.jpg

ZOL9DbR.jpg

wEEbP3w.jpg

aDT2maJ.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

6uX5BSm.jpg

RUHHS2G.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

CcyPYWU.jpg

Ordered mine, looks quite nice actually. Even if Ricster's photography can make even the most mundane steelbook look like a work of art.

except the embarrassing Goldblum eyes :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: the front art looks really nice with that acid green colour and also the embossed title pops up beautifully!

Agreed that original poster art would have been the perfect choice for the back, but even a full black back would have been better than a naked Goldblum pooping inside the telepod :D

Think I might be the only one that likes the eyes! Really like the colours on the title as well and the green around the embossing looks great! The back could have been better though but apart from that the steel looks pretty good imo. If it had been cheaper I would have definitely bought it.

Ordered this, does it have a remastered disc? Apparently the old transfer is shocking and not in a good way either.

There is no new remastered version

So far there is only been only one Blu-ray release
The UK Blu-ray is the same version as USA Blu-ray

Picture quality is not that bad its better than the DVD but not what you would call amazing better compared to other Blu-ray films video quality

The extras are very good and lots of extras
One of the extras Fear of the Flesh: The Making of The Fly - documentary 136 Min or Play Enhanced version 162 Min is very good

I have not heard of any plans for any new Remastered version Blu-ray to be done that's not to say it wont happen at some later stage

This is the only Blu-ray version you can get either in steelbook or standard Blu-ray Release

Last edited:
To be fair The Fly has never looked great. I saw it in the cinema. It was a soft grainy print. The laserdisc was pretty much the same and the few TV showings I saw seemed to indicate that the film either needed serious restoration or that maybe the film stock used for the original film was poor to begin with. I guess you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

This would've made a beautiful steel. The one they went with is hilariously bad. The only positive is the color inside art, but even the choice of inside art is awful.

The front artwork is okay, nothing special, no great art, but okay.

With this original artwork on the front it looks a way more classic, mysterious.
I dont understand why the studios dont use the original poster art.

But my biggest complaint is here, that the original poster art is complete missing, not for the back, not for the inlay print:-(

Is the print of this steelbook better than the back of Daredevil?

I really shocked of this low resolution crap. Its pretty sad, the front is very nice.

Which steelbooks have the same problem as the the Daredevil back?

Thanks for the answer, so the metal is not thinner than Daredevil?
I heared that the metal is not so good as Daredevil.

Have Fox thinner metal then Warner?
I have Taxi Driver, Gremlins, Daredeil and the Prestige.
In my opinon Taxi Driver have the best metal, the Pestige the thinniest and DD and gremlins are similar.

Thanks for the answer, so the metal is not thinner than Daredevil?
I heared that the metal is not so good as Daredevil.

Have Fox thinner metal then Warner?
I have Taxi Driver, Gremlins, Daredeil and the Prestige.
In my opinon Taxi Driver have the best metal, the Pestige the thinniest and DD and gremlins are similar.

To be honest I don't really know. All Fox steelbooks feel the same to me. But I think this steelbook is thinner than say The Prestige.

Reactions: Greyback
Hm, the Prestige are very thin, that would me surprise.

But what you think about a heavier metal petition?

It could work, Scanavo answer my mails.