Slipcover The Fog (1980) (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition Slipcover) (Scream Factory) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 13, 2022
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $36.98 (Shout) - $27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 18" X 24" ROLLED POSTER featuring the original theatrical artwork, available while supplies last!

81w8jcvuMiL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Sacred Bones Records Edition with 7" Vinyl
$60.00

Sacred Bones Records Fog.jpg

Also available from Sacred Bones Records
A limited supply of Adrienne Barbeau as Stevie Wayne NECA figures! These exclusive figures will be the first time Stevie Wayne will get the figure treatment! They are sure to go fast so don’t forget to add one to your boxset order. The figure will be shipping in Winter 2022/2023, and is up for pre-orders now! The figure image will be revealed in a few weeks time.

$40.00

Fog Figure.jpg

Not tweet says DVD that's an error it's UHD+Blu-ray

Last edited:

Is this then an exclusive slipcover within the collectors editions without UHD-banner or is this just in the mock-ups?

Is this then an exclusive slipcover within the collectors editions without UHD-banner or is this just in the mock-ups?
Slipcover is as shown
Scream Factory 4K slipcovers have the banner
There is no exclusive slipcover without a banner

All retailers selling the Collector's Edition includes the Slipcover

Shout Factory website listings often don't show the slips in their mock-ups that's normal.
They just show mock-up of amaray case instead

All Scream Factory Collector's Editions are guaranteed to come with a slipcover for 3 months from release date

Scream Factory show the slips on their social media posts Facebook/Twitter

They provide the slips mock-ups images to other retailers as in Amazon etc

@komor
The images without a banner is the posters that's exclusive to purchase done on Shout Factory website

Shout Factory as listed above in post#4 also have a bundle that includes both the Collector's Edition and Steelbook + NECA Figure + 7" Vinyl + 2 Posters + Enamel Pin Set (Exclusive to Shout Factory Website)

Other retailers selling the Collector's Edition or Steelbook does not include the posters or Enamel Pin Set
All retailers selling the collector's edition includes the slipcover

Sacred Bones Records are selling collector's edition with the 7" Vinyl in a Box they ship worldwide
Sacred Bones Records are also selling the NECA Figure

Last edited:
It´s my favouritae artwork and the SB-mock-up looks very nice. I will not have possibility to get it for a decent price, but they should think about to let the banner away and print it just on the picture like it was done in Blu-Ray times on severl releases. Here the picture that irritates me. Looks not like a poster.
1657066621887.png

It´s my favouritae artwork and the SB-mock-up looks very nice. I will not have possibility to get it for a decent price, but they should think about to let the banner away and print it just on the picture like it was done in Blu-Ray times on severl releases. Here the picture that irritates me. Looks not like a poster.
View attachment 536341
That the Collector's Edition with 7" Vinyl that fits inside the Black Box
It's only a mock up image
There is no exclusive slipcover

Same Slipcover is included with all editions and will be as image below shows
525484-53f72eb05fd275f5dad94134b108becd.jpg

The slipcover is as shown in the thread OP

Have you not purchased any of the Scream Factory 4K Collector's Edition's before
The 4K UHD Slipcovers have the silver banner

Examples

Example
Sacred Bones Records Edition of Escape from New York 4K Collector's Edition with Vinyl

Note the actual slipcover in sacred bones edition as seen in the unboxing video below has the silver banner it was not a slipcover without the silver banner as shown in sacred bones records mock up
Sacred Bones Records.jpg

Not My Video

Last edited:
@komor
Amazon price will drop before release date
Likely will be $27.99 or less going by amazon prices by release date for other scream factory 4K UHD collector's editions

Amazon Pre-order Price Guarantee you automatically get lower price in your pre order when price drops if you pre ordered at a higher price
Pre-order Price Guarantee covers to close of business on release date
Amazon only take payment when dispatching your order

Have you not purchased any of the Scream Factory 4K Collector's Edition's before
No I didn´t buy the recent ones - and I don´t like these grey banners. They are a bad choice and at least they could colorize them, that they match with the image.

Last edited:

Bonus Features​

DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• 4K Restoration By Studio Canal
  • NEW Dolby Atmos Track
  • NEW Restored Original Mono Track
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
  • Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill
  • Audio Commentary With Actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, And production Designer Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Retribution: Uncovering John Carpenter’s The Fog
  • The Shape of Things to Come: John Carpenter Unfilmed
  • Introduction by John Carpenter
  • Scene Analysis by John Carpenter
DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• 4K Restoration By Studio Canal
  • NEW Dolby Atmos Track
  • NEW Restored Original Mono Track
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
  • Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill
  • Audio Commentary With Actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, And production Designer Tommy Lee Wallace
  • My Time With Terror – An Interview With Actress Jamie Lee Curtis
  • Dean Of Darkness – An Interview With cinematographer Dean Cundey
  • Tales From The Mist: Inside The Fog
  • Fear On Film: Inside The Fog
  • The Fog: Storyboard To Film
  • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Original Locations
  • Outtakes
  • Special Effects Tests
  • Teaser Trailers/Theatrical Trailer
  • Trailers From Hell – Filmmaker Mick Garris on The Fog
  • TV Spots
  • Photo Gallery