Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Forgiven (2022)

Tagline: Everything must be faced.

Genre: Drama

Director: John Michael McDonagh

Cast: Ralph Fiennes, Jessica Chastain, Matt Smith, Caleb Landry Jones, Abbey Lee, Christopher Abbott, Marie-Josée Croze, Alex Jennings, Saïd Taghmaoui, David McSavage, Mourad Zaoui, Imane Elmechrafi, Ben Affan, Ismael Kanater, Anas El Baz, Brianna Bella, Omar Ghazaoui, Abdellah Chakiri

Release: 2022-07-01

Runtime: 117

Plot: Over a weekend in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco, a random accident reverberates through the lives of both the local Muslims and Western visitors to a house party in a grand villa.

Don't know why I've put off watching this excellent film, probably thought it would be too preachy or boring, which it isn't.
Excellent acting by everyone, especially the two leads, stark contrast of two civilizations, with gay couples, coke sniffing guests, and 'easy behaving' women looking like devils, fiends and imps next to local Moroccan arabs. I've lived in both types of societies extensively, and don't want to side with either, but I wouldn't do what Fiennes character did, screw that!

that is go with the grieving father anywhere, or get out of the damn car. I'd run the second one over, because I know them.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database