The Fugitive - 30th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: November 30, 2023
Purchase links: CeDe - Amazon DE
Price: €45,49 (CeDe)

81Jp2vYTYRL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly unless the steelbook is exceptional like the recent War of the Worlds 1954 4k from oz, I avoid them now. Usually fancy packaging and a slipcase to hide the dire steelbook inside.
Avoid what? Steelbooks? Certainly in the wrong form then! :rofl:

Have you not noticed a lot of steels now come with slipcases and fancy packaging and usually the steel is rubbish
I have, noticed an uptick in non premium collectors editions from standard retailers in the last few years, yes for sure. I wouldn't say all the steels are rubbish though, I guess it's all personal taste. There have been plenty of excellent steels released this year.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I have, noticed an uptick in non premium collectors editions from standard retailers in the last few years, yes for sure. I wouldn't say all the steels are rubbish though, I guess it's all personal taste. There have been plenty of excellent steels released this year.
Not many...

Not many...
I agree the WWA steels are mostly ugly nowadays, if you compare them to regular amaray/Slipcase art, which I often prefer, because I like actors' faces on the steelbooks, not some poop art abstract object representation.
If you also mean the absence of debossed borders and embossed titles, then I agree.
But there are still lots of great steelbooks, especially exclusive ones,and what you're demonstrating are dangerous signs of CAF - Collector Apathy & Fatigue. Next we'll be seeing you buying digital copies, or worse, selling off your collection.

I agree the WWA steels are mostly ugly nowadays, if you compare them to regular amaray/Slipcase art, which I often prefer, because I like actors' faces on the steelbooks, not some poop art abstract object representation.
If you also mean the absence of debossed borders and embossed titles, then I agree.
But there are still lots of great steelbooks, especially exclusive ones,and what you're demonstrating are dangerous signs of CAF - Collector Apathy & Fatigue. Next we'll be seeing you buying digital copies, or worse, selling off your collection.
Zero interest in digital downloads or any streaming. My collection is 100% physical media. That won't change.. What will change is more 4k amaray buying than steelbooks at the moment.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Can't say I'm surprised. Watch this be in a collectors set in the uk, with the poster art on the slip instead. WB suck sometimes.