UK
Release date: August 7, 2017
Purchase link: The Game (live)
Price: £15.99

11466493-1404481944916469.jpg

11466493-2394481945055387.jpg

11466493-1624481945009706.jpg

Last edited:
Nice embossing! Just don't understand why they couldn't also spot gloss the doll. The surface would be perfect for it. That should have gone without saying!

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
^ . . . as you were saying . . . V. nice.. . . so nice in fact that I might just buy it too as so much more attractive than the one I've already got.

You made me purchase a copy just from your description.

And now that I have seen the picture of the delivered steelbook above, I'm glad I did.

Weird thing is, up until yesterday I never liked this image. But now it seems to really stand out.

A pleasant surprise from Zavvi for once. I actually planned to cancel closer to release if it didn't sell out and wait for a price drop as I was expecting a quicky flat matte job, glad I forgot, don't mind paying a little extra when the studio puts some effort into a release.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
A couple more pics sourced including the inside showing the extent of surface 'bossing on the front:-
DG62iO6UIAAalo4.jpg:large

For anyone wondering about specs . . . here's the back of the J-card:-
Looks like a re-pack after all . . . unfortunately . . . with no mention of Special Features apart from the fact they may be in SD.
A very nice-looking steelbook with an excellent treatment though :thumbs:
DG62j1EUIAADEjD.jpg:large

Open steelbook exterior:-
DG285-DVYAAKVN2.jpg:large

Last edited:
This would be one of the best Steelbooks I have seen. If not for that daft red 20th anniversary puzzle piece. It takes the eye straight from the sinister doll face and subtle pieces with the man falling.

Still this is one of my favourite films so I will have to pick it up soon.

Unboxing from YouTube showing spot gloss etc (although I guess his copy will be going back due to the realisation at 2:18)

I must admit I wasn't a huge fan of this when it was revealed by the embossing is really something. It is a big improvement on the first Zavvi release that's for sure.

I still prefer the original.

Embossing might be nice but the choice of front cover artwork makes it look like a killer clown horror film or something.

i couldnt resist it and i got this version even when i have the USA spot gloss, this is great, i just got it, are the content of the disc the same? i'm to lazy to check right now lol

OK, it's been almost a year but for anyone awaiting a price drop . . . the lowest it's ever been @£8.99 at the time of writing.
Could find its way into the "3 for £20" but that offer seriously needs an injection of new titles instead of the same ol' same ol'.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: milky