The Goonies - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: SteelBook with Slipcase - SteelBook Only (Pre-order Sunday July 19 at 12 PM for Red Carpet subscribers, 6 PM general sale for separate steelbook, UK time)
Price:
£28.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £24.99 (Steelbook only Edition)
Notes: Slipcase edition exclusive to Red Carpet subscribers

TG_Zavvi_Red_Carpet_Slipcase.jpg

Last edited:
Bit late to the party but are Zavvi seriously hiding content behind red carpet payees

As much as I would like a slipped steel for Goonies, am to supporting their greed.
MIght try eBay down the line but if price goes up or stay s high i’ll pass.
Have no need for the 4K disc anyway
I forgot to cancel mine. i am happy to sell on at cost + postage

I'm an RC member and missed it and was waiting for it to come back into stock, so would be happy to buy that off you.
Can pay for signed for delivery too.

Yep they put it in two white jiffy’s
Im not a rc member so could not get with slip but looks nice.
But is the slip that thick they they can't fit it into the white boxes?
Im hoping they did not run out of boxes as its been a while since they have and are now sending stuff out in bags.
But i would have thought the slip not be that thick maybe similiar to last blood or midway.

But the slip sure does make it a nice edition.

I grabbed the blues bros edition which is a lot cheaper than used to be with extra discount but believe similiar in size to jaws.
My jaws was in single jiffy bag and seems to have survived the trip but i never opened so what's i inside i dont know.
But i beleive you got this in double jiffy sure beats single jiffy.
I gave them ideas on what they could use to pack better boxes being first choice but also jiffy bags double up so they maybe listened?

In saying that its luck of the draw what you get, i bet my blue bros will arrive single bagged and goes overseas, yet they probably double bag stuff going to uk address and in post a few days.

I either be disappointed or happy when it arrives.
My creepshow arrived in a single bag it had bent slip case blu ray case and book and was none left to replace it. Shockimg to send such edition in a bag.
Just dont get them one min you get a double bag, nexr single or then a box.

Im not saying customers from overseas should be packed any better we all should, but sometimes things going overseas takes way longer upto 36 days right now and will be more at risk if not packed better.

Steels i know how most of they come in unless no white boxes left but anything else is anyone's guess most times single jiffy bag.

The titans where single jiffy bags must have got lucky, followed by double jiffy bags and my most recent was a box barely big enough.
But to my surprise it arrived fine probably best yet but looking at it before opening the box i expected it to be worst.
Everything that arrives from zavvi is a worry or what i end up with.

Funny this, my slipcover version did arrive today, but unlike others, whose arrived in double jiffy bags, mine came in the usual white steelbook card box...me wonders if they are running out of the steelbook boxes. This arrived undamaged and fits fine in the card boxes.

I have to say, i'm really impressed with this slipcover, it's the same size as the American Psycho or John Wick steels, the Title and the bottom part with the characters in sillouette are embossed/raised, not heavilly, but it's a quality finish. The age ratings are removeable stickers, not only on the front of the slip but the spine as well.

The steelbook is bog standard, flat, but it's OK.

Overall, very happy with this, bodes well for the other WB slipcover versions...:thanks:

Funny this, my slipcover version did arrive today, but unlike others, whose arrived in double jiffy bags, mine came in the usual white steelbook card box...me wonders if they are running out of the steelbook boxes. This arrived undamaged and fits fine in the card boxes.

I have to say, i'm really impressed with this slipcover, it's the same size as the American Psycho or John Wick steels, the Title and the bottom part with the characters in sillouette are embossed/raised, not heavilly, but it's a quality finish. The age ratings are removeable stickers, not only on the front of the slip but the spine as well.

The steelbook is bog standard, flat, but it's OK.

Overall, very happy with this, bodes well for the other WB slipcover versions...:thanks:
Better not be running out of boxes as Jiffy bags are a no no to me this far away, just all I need more issues with damaged items and putting up with there crap % off. Got a few star wars steels to get also be crap if thats in a bag, but I do have a few just sent and a few to be sent and half the stuff has sold out.
Hopefully they still have plenty boxes but I did get a scare when while back when it was mentioned members where getting stuff in bags and others in white boxe, luckily all mine was in boxe.

They are not the best but do work and very rare occasion there is a damaged one but I rather have them white boxes any day over Jiffy bags even double Jiffy bags.