Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £37.99
Notes: Limited to 1500 copies

Goonies HMV Cine Edition.png

hmv Exclusive Cine Edition: The Goonies - Limited to 1500 copies.

1980s American adventure comedy directed by Richard Donner. In Astoria, Oregon, a group of misfit friends who call themselves 'The Goonies' gather at their leader Mikey (Sean Astin)'s house for one last time before property developers demolish their homes. After finding a treasure map in Mikey's attic, and escaping his older brother Brand (Josh Brolin), the gang set off on an adventure in search of legendary pirate One-eyed Willy's treasure, but their first stop leads them right into the path of the nefarious Fratelli family, who also want a piece of the gold...

Includes

• The Goonies 4K UHD

• Limited Edition Gift Box

• One Eye’d Willy’s Treasure Map Reproduction

• Embroidered Patch

• Collectable Button Badges
Extras

• Commentary (with Hidden Video Treasures) by director Richard Donner and Select Cast Members

• The Making of The Goonies Featurette

• Cyndi Lauper "The Goonies 'r' Good Enough" Music Video

• Deleted Scenes

• Theatrical Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks quite cool. Bit pricey for what it is but looks decent

Going to check out Fopp tomorrow as they are normally pretty good with having stuff still in stock.

Ordered this on the 30th aug, was it not a uk holiday then? I take as it was available to order abd its now the 1st Sept and i beleive sold out 31st aug im all good?
Do hmv ever sell more copys than they have in stock? Dont think i have experienced a canceled order from them due to lack of stock.
But i know often items they do have that sold out if comes and goes so rhis might be the same.
Time will tell and just hoping i was able to secure it on time.
I could have the usa edition as another option but went for this as it had the slipcover. And hmv for me beats amazon usa on packing any day. Amazon usa would probably sent this in a bag.

Some 4K discs are faulty, I've only seen reports of it affecting this release so it could be a bad batch of discs isolated here. Most people are reporting artifacting around the one hour mark, but mine just jumps forward about 30 seconds as they're talking about Martin Sheen.

For a replacement contact: [email protected]
Subject: Goonies Replacement Disc

Include full postal address and a copy of your HMV invoice.

Needs to be done before October 5th

• Informative
Reactions: Mobley
Replacement received from Technicolor
I was sent the 4K UHD amaray release sealed it even included the slipcover

I was expecting to just get a 4K UHD disc on it's own so that was a nice surprise

Same here, was fully expecting just the disc but got the 4k amaray with slip, happy days.

It did come in an extremely over sized box, postage must have been a killer :shipped: