Mediabook The Hitcher (1986) (2K Blu-ray Mediabook)

Jan 24, 2011
Portugal
Nameless Media will release "The Hitcher" directed by Robert Harmon on bluray , an worldwide exclusive. The basis for the release will be a new 2K-master. 5 different covers will be available to order. More updates coming soon.

the-hitcher-original-nameless-uncut-mediabook.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Jm3400 and Sigill
Emailed Nameless Media about release date and this is the reply:

Maybe at the beginning of December!
Best,
Nameless

Love this movie.. one of my favorite soundtracks too by Mark Isham. Was hoping since Arrow released a book about it that they'd be also be handling a nice new Blu release too.. perhaps they will but I doubt I could resist picking up the middle art release here. I own the far right on VHS. :oohyeah:

Just noticed.. shouldn't Type A have C. Thomas Howell's name next to Rutger's instead of.. John Ryder his character name?! :confused: I hope they fix that.

@wouter me too, only there was something about the ice blue eyes, the strange smile, the buckets of charisma... even though his character was murderous, i wasn't sure sometimes if i wanted him to win! i know what films i am watching this weekend, that's for sure.

Reactions: wouter
I'm watching it right now, but the quality of the German version isn't that great.
It's from a tape? Read the original negative was lost?

Hope Arrow can provide a nice remaster.

PS
They should do Soldier of Orange, that movie is held by Rob Houwer and he let's the negative rot instead of spending the money for a nice remaster.