The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

May 30, 2014
Release date: March 24, 2015
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Price: 27.99$
Group buy: Drum18
Notes:

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm the actual finish of the Steelbook. Xerox's video has it looking more like zero finish (nice and smooth) Yet, photos of the USA edition have it having more streaks than Andrew Ridgely's Barnet.
I have one inbound from FS and want to find out before I commit 100%.

Can anyone confirm the actual finish of the Steelbook. Xerox's video has it looking more like zero finish (nice and smooth) Yet, photos of the USA edition have it having more streaks than Andrew Ridgely's Barnet.
I have one inbound from FS and want to find out before I commit 100%.
It is matte finish just like the first and second one, nothing special

And is this available at Best Buy Canada now? I don't see a listing for it online. I will be heading to Best Buy and let everyone know if it is in store.

The only thing different about the downtown Vancouver flagship store that I found today was everyone was wearing Best Buy shirts and that's it. The huge signs outside and inside and the FS exclusive stickers remained intact. Same lady behind customer services with whom I had a wonderful chat. She, like a lot of people, agreed that the reverse should've been done. That is dump the Best Buy brand and keep the Future Shop brand. Also, that those who lost their jobs were the sales people. Everyone else remained the same. Also asked her about the future of steelbooks and her thoughts were that they would continue Future Shop's tradition of exclusive steelbooks such that Best Buy Canada would essentially still be Future Shop. Fingers crossed with that! :thumbs:

On top of that, I asked her what the difference was between the two companies and she said a few minor changes, but not much else. Still the same. Even their credit card system was Future Shop which made it easy to return and get immediate refunds for the items I brought back. She also said the same distribution centres will be used to ship out items meaning, depending on the person at the warehouse, it will be a crap shoot in terms of getting steelbooks shipped in "jiffy bags" or boxes. :wtf:

BTW, the lady has been working there for quite a while so I think she's very credible in her offer of information.

Anyhow, managed to pick up mint copy, the only one of three left as the other two had spine slashes.

There were plenty of Hobbit Trilogies left in the front display, though.

front.jpg back.jpg

Reactions: goufcustom
Soooo, is the EE coming out as a steelbook? Seems like it's late for the announcement.

Hard to believe they'd do every release but this one.
Seems like so... no steelbook for this release in EE. :angry:

From the Official Best Buy.ca forums
Image2.jpg

Maybe... MAYBE... Amazon, HMV, Walmart or another retailer... but I highly doubt it as it's only in 3 weeks and nothing emerged...

wtf..........now the trilogy is not complete.......what the f&$k was best buy thinking............not completing the trilogy.

It's unbelievable !!! I think it's maybe Warner the responsible, they made weird things in France too with their editions....

Reactions: Leafs17