The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Ext (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook) (Future Shop Excl.) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 18, 2014
Purchase link: FutureShop.ca
Price: $44.99
Group Buy: Drum18

Notes: 2,000 units, Matte finish
Printed for Canada only.

HDOS EE_JUMBO STEELBK_GLAM (9-2).jpg

Last edited:
Why? He was barely featured in this movie

It's not so much how long someone or something appears in a particular movie, but the impact the individual makes.
Take A Few Good Men for example. It was a Tom Cruise vehicle, but watch that courtroom scene with Jack Nicolson and you clearly see who was the star of that movie.

By far my favourite of all the Hobbit/LOTR movies so far. I cannot wait to watch the Extended edition. My 4 disc slimline case is ready and waiting for the arrival of this badboy. If anyone can pm me a scan of the Theatrical cut SteelBook spine (non Jumbo) I really would appreciate it.

@zerox39

so Nov 4th on the site is the correct updated date ?

what the shipment issue addressed, ordered another 4 steels and they were just again stached up in a box with no protection but a piece of brown paper on top of the steels... but no bubble wrap bottom box to absorb shoks instead of the steelbooks

The true street date of the SteelBook is November 18th.

Whenever you have these shipping problems please send me pictures. I've been working with the web team to try to fix the problem, but it's proving harder then thought

@zerox39 you were too fast to answer lol, here is the rest of my message :p

2) was the shipment/packaging issue addressed? I ordered another 4 steels and they were just again stacked up in a box put at bottom of box with no protection but a piece of brown paper on top of the steels... but no bubble wrap bottom box to absorb shoks instead of the steelbooks

3) Also, was the blade issue when opening boxes received by the distribution company to the warehouse addressed so they are careful when opening boxes with blades so not to slah the steels ?

The true street date of the SteelBook is November 18th.

Whenever you have these shipping problems please send me pictures. I've been working with the web team to try to fix the problem, but it's proving harder then thought

Ok when I will open box will take pics for you... huge issue are the steels simply at bottom of box when shipping(it's how we end up getting loose disks

@zerox39 you were too fast to answer lol, here is the rest of my message :p

2) was the shipment/packaging issue addressed? I ordered another 4 steels and they were just again stacked up in a box put at bottom of box with no protection but a piece of brown paper on top of the steels... but no bubble wrap bottom box to absorb shoks instead of the steelbooks

3) Also, was the blade issue when opening boxes received by the distribution company to the warehouse addressed so they are careful when opening boxes with blades so not to slah the steels ?
I addressed the first 2 questions above :)

Your 3rd question. Scanavo is working on a more protective method for SteelBooks to solve the issue

It's not so much how long someone or something appears in a particular movie, but the impact the individual makes.
Take A Few Good Men for example. It was a Tom Cruise vehicle, but watch that courtroom scene with Jack Nicolson and you clearly see who was the star of that movie.
Well when he first showed up, he made quite an impression indeed. But once he acted like a cliché villain (chasing the hero, but doing nothing once he has him cornered) that impression faded quite quickly...