The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi have offered me 20% discount for the damage to mine even though I told them I want a refund.
I'm going to buy from ES where it's cheaper and the packaging has always been excellent.

Be firm with them and say that a partial refund is unaccaptable and that you resquested and want a full refund or replacement, the item has arrived damaged so it is their responsibilty to provide postage costs.

They also offered me a partial refund of 15%!! I had 3 dents scratches all over, a piss take chip and a spine slash! The jackpot of damage.
Anyways I said I wanted a replacement and sent it back yesterday. If that one turns up the same I will just get a refund. Shame really because it does seem like a dodgy batch.
Winds me up that you have a option to send back for a replacement, for a refund or for account credit (which is partial refunds) and whenever you select send back for replacement or refund they still offer a partial refund. Why have the account credit option if you will always offer a partial refund no matter what you select. So annoying.

Any newbies to zavvi that get the standard 10%/15% partial refund email instead of return details, don't accept it and message back saying you want a replacement. It's annoying because you have to wait an extra day to hear back from them. Or in the original message stress you don't want a partial refund but 9 times out of 10 they won't read that and still offer it.

Just saying incase any new customers feel like they have to accept it when they recieve the message

They also offered me a partial refund of 15%!! I had 3 dents scratches all over, a piss take chip and a spine slash! The jackpot of damage.
Anyways I said I wanted a replacement and sent it back yesterday. If that one turns up the same I will just get a refund. Shame really because it does seem like a dodgy batch.
Winds me up that you have a option to send back for a replacement, for a refund or for account credit (which is partial refunds) and whenever you select send back for replacement or refund they still offer a partial refund. Why have the account credit option if you will always offer a partial refund no matter what you select. So annoying.

Any newbies to zavvi that get the standard 10%/15% partial refund email instead of return details, don't accept it and message back saying you want a replacement. It's annoying because you have to wait an extra day to hear back from them. Or in the original message stress you don't want a partial refund but 9 times out of 10 they won't read that and still offer it.

Just saying incase any new customers feel like they have to accept it when they recieve the message

I've been given 2 10% discounts and neither appeared back in my account even after baggering them, in my opinion is just a way to fob you off. Hence now I refuse any %. Either give me a full refund or replace the item at Zavvi's expence! I've had no problem with either of those options, although I find being very blunt with them works better than being mannerly.

Reactions: Flloydo
I've been given 2 10% discounts and neither appeared back in my account even after baggering them, in my opinion is just a way to fob you off. Hence now I refuse any %. Either give me a full refund or replace the item at Zavvi's expence! I've had no problem with either of those options, although I find being very blunt with them works better than being mannerly.

Yeah Ive had a couple of partial refunds and one time it didn't appear in my bank account but after about 87 messages it was finally settled. Yeah I agree, unfortunately being blunt is more affective with zavvi. I'm not like that with any other retailer. But then all the other retailers read the message you have sent them.

Hopefully my replacement is not damaged. But that won't be here for nearly another 2 weeks!

To be honest I would have asked for a full refund in this instance, and bought it from Amazon instead. That way if you get another damaged steel it is far less hassle to replace/refund! I always use Amazon over Zavvi if I have a choice. Better service and "usually" much better packaging!

Just got the 3D lenticular slip/hard cover boxset. Glad I did as it's a beauty and matches my extended DVD boxsets. If only they made more effort with the Jumbo, they could at least make it lenticular too.

I keep thinking not to buy the Hobbit Steels, my mind keeps saying wait till all of them are offered in a boxset.. Do you reckon there will be a trilogy steelbook box set?

I keep thinking not to buy the Hobbit Steels, my mind keeps saying wait till all of them are offered in a boxset.. Do you reckon there will be a trilogy steelbook box set?
Nothing announced yet...
But it's Warner... you can bet they'll make us dip... double dip... triple dip...

I just got delivery from Zavvi
It was sent in a bubble mailer :angry:
10624927_10204815071837178_2311120985488825217_n.jpg

Its damaged it has a bad dent on the bottom and small dent on the top and a paint chip :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

10802048_10204815045276514_165907396975641813_n.jpg

The disc holder inside it not the best keeps coming lose :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

The Steelbook itself it not the same quality of the previous Jumbo Releases
The Disc Holders are poor compared to the previous ones

I have asked for a replacement and told them it must be sent in a box with bubble wrap

I most likely will get offered the usual partial refund in the first reply and will most likely take a second message to get a replacement
The Cost to send back is a lot from Rep of Ireland and would result in them making a loss if they request I send it back

Why send a Jumbo steelbook in a bubble mailer that's crazy

Be firm with them and say that a partial refund is unaccaptable and that you resquested and want a full refund or replacement, the item has arrived damaged so it is their responsibilty to provide postage costs.
They got back in touch and offered a replacement but said it would be sent in a jiffy again,so told them I want a full refund.
They've provided postage costs so just got to wait till they get around to refunding me.
Ordered the steel from ES so fingers crossed it doesn't arrive damaged.

Reactions: psychoscot
They got back in touch and offered a replacement but said it would be sent in a jiffy again,so told them I want a full refund.
They've provided postage costs so just got to wait till they get around to refunding me.
Ordered the steel from ES so fingers crossed it doesn't arrive damaged.
Smart check choice, either ES or Amazon should provide better packaging [emoji1]

Reactions: Robbo72 and harry
To be fair, Zavvi only have the boxes for a regular sized steelbook. So I wouldn't have expected a jumbo to arrive in one... Yes, a decent company would have used a box, but that isn't the Zavvi way! :rolleyes: