The Howling (1981) - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 25, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: 40th Anniversary Restoration - Spot Gloss Finish

Howling Zavvi.jpg

618s3nZUNoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
UK listing for the steelbook not listed yet

Might be a retailer exclusive in UK for the steelbook but that is TBC

2 Discs

Disc 1 4K UHD (Film)

Disc 2 Blu-ray (Film + Extras)

Extras on Blu-ray
  • Inside the Career of Joe Dante
  • Brand new featurette that celebrates the incredible career of Joe Dante
  • Welcome to Werewolfland A lookback into the special effects of The Howling
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes - These outtakes will leave you howling!

StudioCanal nailing it with this release! Never seen the film before and I avoid blind-buying nowadays, but the artwork on both the steel and the CE are seriously tempting me to just go for it. :ohno:

Love the movie (also for the great scary moments that I enjoyed loooong time ago with first watching). Recommended. Ordered the steel and the CE :) . Marathon than I am planning (when I get the time): An American Werewolf in London, Dog Soldiers, and The Howling. ;)

Reactions: Lord Vader
Region:
A
B
C

I'm guessing since this is a StudioCanal release that the region coding is referring to the 4K disc being region free and that the Blu-ray will actually be region "B" locked.

I see the SteelBook is only 2 discs but the Collector's Edition (no SteelBook) has 3 discs (2 Blu-ray discs)

Also the disc images from the Collector's Edition shows the "ABC" Region Free logo on the 4K disc and the region "B" logo on the 2 Blu-ray discs.

Any codes floating around? I've been out of the steelbook game for a while but this is too delicious to pass up!!
Discount codes don't work on pre orders
They only work on in stock items

On release date or after if still in stock you can then use a discount code

Reddit is used a lot 12% discount but you have to wait until after release date to use

Reactions: Filmbloke
Region:
A
B
C

I'm guessing since this is a StudioCanal release that the region coding is referring to the 4K disc being region free and that the Blu-ray will actually be region "B" locked.

I see the SteelBook is only 2 discs but the Collector's Edition (no SteelBook) has 3 discs (2 Blu-ray discs)

Also the disc images from the Collector's Edition shows the "ABC" Region Free logo on the 4K disc and the region "B" logo on the 2 Blu-ray discs.
This is in the listing on the US site:

Note: Only 4K Disc is Region Free

Reactions: Stygian
Region:
A
B
C

Zavvi UK both 4K Howling releases Steelbook and Collector Editions
Note: Only 4K Disc is Region Free

Reactions: Stygian