The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: EUR 35.10

71em3tRkacL._SL1500_.jpg

Eh, it's not the worst thing in the world. The banner on the American Ultra steelbook blends in quite well.

No banner would be better, but looking at Metropolitan steelbooks it's not a dealbreaker for me — what I don't like is that their picks for steelbook editions among their home video releases isn't always top films (I, Frankenstein, Nurse 3D, Legend of Hercules, etc.), but they have Sicario coming up, and now Hunger Games which I quite like.

This is not the final art, but if it's a good indication of the final product then it looks like they're prolonging the artwork into the border (like American Ultra)... there are worst borders than those that make the effort to match the overall art :) — plus, when you have a few like Metropolitan steelbooks like I do, they have a certain "consistency".

Reactions: StifflersDad
Banner+french text: it's a no go for me (like all other Metropolitan releases: it doesn't matter how glossy is, the printed banner is the dead of a steelbook) :D:D
And more, french disc of Part 1 doesn't have Dolby Atmos track (n)(n)

Last edited:
Just got this at FNAC for 29,99€ (I live at the frontier of France in Germany). With the Bonus Disc DVD.
It's really glossy and soo beautiful. Love the front and the Back is beautiful too just the pic without anything. The inside Art is just fantastic!!
The disc are same as in the other editions. So Audio is like on the Pics.
I dont bother the French Title its really a beautiful Steelbook!!

DSC_0170.JPG DSC_0171.JPG DSC_0172.JPG DSC_0174.JPG DSC_0176.JPG DSC_0177.JPG DSC_0199.JPG DSC_0200.JPG

@bloodsnake007 @monsterzebra

Just got this at FNAC for 29,99€ (I live at the frontier of France in Germany). With the Bonus Disc DVD.
It's really glossy and soo beautiful. Love the front and the Back is beautiful too just the pic without anything. The inside Art is just fantastic!!
The disc are same as in the other editions. So Audio is like on the Pics.
I dont bother the French Title its really a beautiful Steelbook!!

View attachment 229395 View attachment 229396 View attachment 229397 View attachment 229398 View attachment 229399 View attachment 229400 View attachment 229401 View attachment 229402

@bloodsnake007 @monsterzebra
I agree, that is very beautiful! :thumbs: :drool: Can't wait to receive mine! :hungry:

Thanks for the amazing pics @MockingjayBen :photo:

Reactions: MockingjayBen