Mar 18, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Release date: February 22, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

BB_TheHurtLocker_4K_SB-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the listing available here - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-hu...-blu-ray-blu-ray-2008/6490571.p?skuId=6490571

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Presume we're seeing new art and the slipcover as Lionsgate has been bringing.
Would definitely be in for copy. Must-own film that I don't own yet.
Another 2k-upscaled UHD release from Lionsgate, unfortunately. Then again, the film was shot on 16mm (and some HD digital), so there is probably not that much more detail that a 4k scan could have gotten out of the material. Hopefully HDR makes this the definitiv release.

Anyone here caught this film on 4k streaming? If so, how does it look?

Renner looks too much like Daniel Craig for me

I was just thinking the same thing. I only saw the movie once when it was released. After seeing that image I thought maybe I was wrong about who starred in it. You confirmed it for me.

I liked the movie. I'm glad it won Best Picture that year over that Dances With Smurfs movie.

And that Kathryn Bigelow won Best Director over James Cameron. She looked really good at the Oscars especially compared to Cameron's Titanic actress girlfriend that he was with at the show.

Would definitely be in for copy. Must-own film that I don't own yet.
Another 2k-upscaled UHD release from Lionsgate, unfortunately. Then again, the film was shot on 16mm (and some HD digital), so there is probably not that much more detail that a 4k scan could have gotten out of the material. Hopefully HDR makes this the definitiv release.

Anyone here caught this film on 4k streaming? If so, how does it look?
The "k" is not the number that matters. The bitrate is.

The "k" is not the number that matters. The bitrate is.
In this particular case you might be right, but generally I disagree, especially with movies shot on 35mm or higher format film. Yes, the argument that the resolution is not that important is made again and again, even by DPs in the business - but personally I would say I'd spot the difference between a 2k and 4k DI right away. If the source material allows for it, I find there to be more depth and dimensionality in UHD BDs with the latter; upscaled stuff usually looks flat to me. Most days I'd also take a well encoded 1080p Blu-ray based on a 4k scan over a 2k upscale UHD.
Granted, with films shot digitally there may be less of a difference.

Reactions: Lenny Nero