The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray SteelBook with Lenticular Magnet) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: Limited to 2,000 copies

1.jpg

2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't ordered from Zavvi for a couple of years due to the number of complains and issues regarding their packaging. But I couldn't pass on The Incrideble Hulk. I hope I don't get a damaged copy again.

Just checked my inbox and noticed that the Zavvi Steelbook Alert came in at 7.02PM and steel went live at 7.11PM so that's perfectly fine with me :thumbs:

Recently sold my Play horizontal version for £25 so quite pleased to replace it with this at a bargain price of £16! Just hope it's as good as it looks on the mock up

If you check the early pages of this thread you will see that the mock-up does not represent the complete product very well - unless everything has changed in the past few weeks - and that is because:-

1) The mock-up image is the one on the steelbook proper and not the one on the lenticular magnet.

2) The image on the lenticular magnet is the same image as the one on the steelbook proper BUT with one big difference and that is the inclusion in the foreground of the figure of Abomination (Hulk's primary physical rival).
This should hopefully give the lenti a good sense of depth . . . and anyone owning the 2008 released HMV Exclusive Amaray will recognise the image with Abomination as the image on the lenticular slipcover of that release.

It appears that the title and cast on the Amaray slip is thankfully left off the steelbook front . . . and much better looking it is for it :thumbs:
28056_large.jpg

3) I believe there is a framing border which means that the lenti will be the same size as the lentis on all of the other lenti steelbooks from the later part of 2015 and not full height like THE HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION for example.
(As the blurb goes "this type of lenticular:- 3D EFFECT 3D Lenticular is truly a spectacular and unique application of lenticular graphics. The illusion of depth is so convincing that the viewer is captivated by the realism! To create a 3D image, all the elements in the 3D "scene" are placed in separate layers. Special digital processing is employed to create depth and volume to those layers. When the processed image is viewed through the Lenticular lens, the 3D depth is perceived -- all with the naked eye!")

What do you know? A little over two years ago I started a thread which suggested that Zavvi should release The Incredible Hulk (and Iron Man 1&2) as a steelbook. I even suggested the (nearly identical) artwork they're going to be using for this one. I actually went as far as contacting the official steelbook site by sending them feedback and the front cover image I used in the thread as well (it's the one used in the HMV slipcover edition) and they even responded to me with a rather positive and promising message back then.

Here's the thread. Not saying this gets released because of me (as they have re-released every MCU movie as a steelbook after this one gets released), but still. I'm extremely pleased. I never bought the Play.com exclusive steelbook, even though I had many opportunities to do so when it was still in stock for something like 10£, simply because of its horizontal cover, which felt very out of place with the rest of the vertical MCU steelbooks.

I actually think the design seems pretty damn fantastic on this one. Sure, the front cover could have the title on it, but it looks very cool even without it. The spine has it though and the whole spine looks awesome as well with its green colors. I actually pre-ordered two of these (in the case the other one is damaged/scratched etc.) as soon as I noticed it and used the ZAMWEL54 code for getting 10% off.

Im not fussed about no title on the front, i actually prefer it as i keep my steels in a shell case with the cardboard slip which is the title, but it has to have the spine title which this does.

Im not fussed about no title on the front, i actually prefer it as i keep my steels in a shell case with the cardboard slip which is the title, but it has to have the spine title which this does.
If it comes with a similar cardboard slip (that also has a title on it) that MCU movies have come up with since Iron Man 3, I don't mind at all. They tend to protect the actual steelbook pretty nicely when taking it from the shell.

Reactions: thewoe
I got the email confirmation it was available at 7pm last night, clicked it and it was instantly sold out. Not that I was going to get it anyway, still holding out for the BF one :thumbs:

I actually pre-ordered two of these (in the case the other one is damaged/scratched etc.) as soon as I noticed it and used the ZAMWEL54 code for getting 10% off.

No disrespect meant regarding your interesting post but here in the U.K. we don't usually mention when we've bought 2 copies of something for whatever reason, valid or otherwise, particularly when:-
a) It's currently showing as "Sold out".
b) There are people who were not around when it went "live" and who missed the pre-order and would dearly like a copy of this.
Just a question of good manners/tact and nothing more really :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie