The Jungle Book (2016) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order January 18)
Price: £27.99

12440089-1014746343687809.jpg12440089-1334746344566542.jpg12440089-1904746369560199.jpg

Last edited:
Great news!
After the disappointment of the 1st edition ...
Capture.JPG

... although won't be as special as the similar front art from Blufans ...
Capture.JPG

... this is just perfect for a 2nd edition:-
Capture.JPG

Probably hanging out for a price drop. Wouldn't blame them, tbh as I was rather disappointed by the film myself, but I just can't resist the upgrade to the 4K edition to add to my collection!

Far superior to the first edition with the perspective shot used similar to that on THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG + delightfully subtle metallic effects highlighting the characters in the foreground.
Better treatment on PatF with 'bossing of the characters that form the arch in the foreground + the princess and the frog too . . . this would have been a truly spectacular release had they done the same + Mowgli:-
20200308_163419_resized.jpg

Last edited:
My copy arrived on Saturday in the usual crappy Zavvi packaging but undamaged. Very nice and I'll glad I upgraded to the 4k version. Will watch it next weekend. Should be interesting watching it in 4k. No idea if it's an upscale or not.

My copy arrived on Saturday in the usual crappy Zavvi packaging but undamaged. Very nice and I'll glad I upgraded to the 4k version. Will watch it next weekend. Should be interesting watching it in 4k. No idea if it's an upscale or not.

What packaging is that?

gloss? Matte? Any bossing? What’s the steel/ finish like?

• Friendly
Reactions: gaeljet
Got mine on Saturday. Full gloss. No bossing and it's a really nice finish. Same with the beauty and the beast steelbook. Actually impressed zavvi has done 2 full gloss steelbooks for once

Last edited by a moderator: