The Killing (Final Season) [Netflix]

Sixteenvolt420

TV/Video Game/Music Mod
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
969806_515428368507150_1952664913_n.jpg

Season three of The Killing will focus on a new case which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes. The season begins one year after the close of the Rosie Larsen case (the focus of The Killing's first two seasons), with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) no longer working as a Seattle homicide detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's (Joel Kinnaman) search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that may connect to a previous murder investigated by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind. The new season also stars Peter Sarsgaard, Elias Koteas and Amy Seimetz.

Filmed in Vancouver, The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by series creator Veena Sud, Mikkel Bondesen (for Fabrik Entertainment), Dawn Prestwich, and Nicole Yorkin. Kristen Campo and Ron French serve as co-executive producers.

The Killing will return for its third season with a two-hour premiere on Sun., Jun. 2 at 8/7c on AMC.

Attachments

• The Killing.jpg
    The Killing.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Netflix Orders a Fourth Mini-Season of AMC's The Killing!

At least we're going to get some damn closure! AMAZING NEWS! :scat: :LOL: :oohyeah: :thumbs:

The full press release for the announcement is below:

Netflix has ordered a fourth and final limited season that will serve as a conclusion for The Killing, exclusively for its over 40 million members worldwide. The 6-episode series finale, from Fox Television Studios (FTVS), will be available only to Netflix streaming members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.

The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off, said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing.

David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, It's a true testament to The Killing creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We're gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."

The first three seasons of The Killing are now available to stream globally on Netflix.

Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, The Killing follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman). Seasons one and two chronicled the Rosie Larsen case, with Linden and Holder investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Picking up one year after the close of that investigation, season three followed the detectives on their search for a runaway girl, leading them to discover a gruesome string of murders that connected to a previous investigation by Linden.

The Killing is created and executive-produced by Veena Sud. Mikkel Bondesen is executive producer for Fabrik Entertainment. Kristen Campo also serves as co-executive producer for Fabrik. The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios for Netflix.

:movie:

Last edited:
The Killing returns with 6 new episodes this August for a final season exclusively on Netflix! :movie:

TheKilling_FinalSeason.jpg

I'm gonna miss this show :( I'm just glad Netflix decided to give it a proper send-off! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have ended after the first case. I enjoyed Season 3 for what it was worth but it wasn't nearly as good as the great first season.

That said, only six episodes so I'll check it out at least. If I made it this far I might as well just complete the series.

Anybody finish Binging this yet?
I'm on eps 5 of 6 right now... getting very nervous how this is going to end.

First thing I'll say is that its kind of awesome hearing these characters swear for the first time. haha
And also because its only 6 episode, there is no fat or filler. Every episode counts. We still get those character moments which we know the show for. And yes, its still "the Killing", it has that slower pace.
But I can't wait to see how this ends! Great show.

• Helpful Post
Anybody else finish this yet? Thoughts? (obviously keep any big spoilers details in spoiler tags for others)

I was able to finish over the weekend.
After thinking about it, I kind of wish the final season would have solely focused on the Linden/Holder story and not even brought up the solider kid one. I know they need to be solving crimes and stuff... but the I feel like there would have been enough content involving their own "case" and struggles to fill 6 episodes.

But all in all. I enjoyed the final season and series. Mostly because of the 2 leads.
So long Detectives, it was a interesting 4 seasons.

• Helpful Post
Anybody else finish this yet? Thoughts? (obviously keep any big spoilers details in spoiler tags for others).
@kaw I still haven't had the courage to see the final episodes! :bag: I'm not ready to say Goodbye to Linden and Holder! :( Maybe this weekend I'll check it out! :thumbs: