Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
1.67 star(s) Rating: 1.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Kingsman 3

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Release: 2019-11-08

Plot: Third installment of the 'Kingsman' franchise.

kings_man_ver5.jpg

Wow, this was delayed for a while, it appears, judging by this thread - didn't know. Two and a half years from the first teaser, to theatrical release.
Russia got it even a bit later, due to local illegal segregation (no access to theaters without a 'chicken code', so release was delayed), finally coming out alongside Scream 5 last week.
I only got to see it today, and must say was pleasantly surprised. It's much more dramatic, than first two films, definitely better, than whatever carnival show the sequel was, but with less fun and crazy action, than either.
Some nice notions of nobility, and that those born into privilege need to help 'the less fortunate', which is very 'elitist' and un-PC, as is the villain's hate of gentlemanship and the rich, so glad it's there. Because usually it's reversed, and some schmuck from under the stairs, so to say, suddenly beats everyone, especially 'the rich snobs'.
Didn't like, that the main villain had to be Scottish, but at least not Russian, although the movie did squeeze out of Rasputin as much as possible.
Still, like these kind of alternate history stories, they're extremely rare, and probably have more truth to them, than 'official' history. Hope they make a sequel, gotta have some fun with Hitler and Stalin.

Just saw this was on Disney+ so decided to give it a watch on my new projector. Man, it was such a slog and I'm honestly struggling to believe it was written and directed by Vaughn, since I've loved all his films until now. The plot was boring, the characters were boring, the humour was....non-existent. :yawn:

Just saw this was on Disney+ so decided to give it a watch on my new projector. Man, it was such a slog and I'm honestly struggling to believe it was written and directed by Vaughn, since I've loved all his films until now. The plot was boring, the characters were boring, the humour was....non-existent. :yawn:
Definitely have the same opinion on this as yours.

Just about 2 thirds through and kinda can't wait for it to finish.

Definitely have the same opinion on this as yours.

Just about 2 thirds through and kinda can't wait for it to finish.
Sorry to hear you're also not enjoying it. I hoped it'd pick up eventually so stuck with it, but even the ending was pretty anticlimactic.

Reactions: Robles
Sorry to hear you're also not enjoying it. I hoped it'd pick up eventually so stuck with it, but even the ending was pretty anticlimactic.
Saying that though I watched the first one a little earlier and really enjoyed it :D watching the Golden Circle now. :thumbs:

Agree with all of this, just finished watching it. I'd give it a 6/10 as it was ok but its really nothing like the first two Kingsman films, seems without the modern setting and the gadgets they just couldn't adapt it to an earlier setting

Love the first one and the sequel is really enjoyable too.

Saw the Golden Circle for the first time last week as it dropped on D+ just before The Kings Man and I also found it enjoyable, probably not quite on a par with the first film but not far off. It's got me looking forward to the 3rd film now and also makes me wish Manta Lab had been able to get their designs approved to release it :(

Reactions: Noodles