paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 6, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £18.00 (Arrow Films) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £17.99 (Zavvi - HMV)

242886397_4747913701909253_4949844339577549899_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Vader
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed stereo and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Audio Commentary with director Maxi Contenti
  • VFX featurette exploring the special effects of the film
  • Interview with director Maxi Contenti
  • Killer Attractions: Maxi Contenti & Ricardo Islas in Conversation, discussion between the film’s director and star Ricardo Islas, director of Frankenstein: Day of the Beast
  • At the Premiere, featurette on the film’s premiere
  • Music video for ‘Espada’ by Phoro, directed by Maxi Contenti
  • Puppet Pal V, Contenti’s first feature film
  • Six short films by director Maxi Contenti: The Plastic Kingdom (2011) Popping Eyes (2009) Hobby Metal (2006) Les Escaliers Fruitiers (2005) La Galleta aka The Cookie (2003) Miedo aka Fear (2001)
  • Deleted and extended scenes
  • Trailers and teasers
  • Image galleries including behind-the-scenes and promo stills, concept artwork, storyboards and posters
  • Fan artwork image gallery
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach

The slip. It looks thinner than the usual limited editions. Maybe they have decided to use the 11mm disc case for some single disc releases. If you look at Phantom of the mall, Tremors or Dune, all are two disc sets that needs the extra space. Oh, and there is no lobbycards included. Not sure if they can fit inside a smaller case.

The slip. It looks thinner than the usual limited editions. Maybe they have decided to use the 11mm disc case for some single disc releases. If you look at Phantom of the mall, Tremors or Dune, all are two disc sets that needs the extra space. Oh, and there is no lobbycards included. Not sure if they can fit inside a smaller case.

Lobbycards will actually fit inside of a 11mm case. Arrow might use the thinner case for future releases that are single disc. I think they should consider, so that the people (consumers) are able fit more products on their shelf!

Last edited:
Lobbycards will actually fit inside of a 11mm case. Arrow might use the thinner case for future releases that are single disc. I think they should consider, so that the people (consumers) are able fit more products on their shelf!

What lobby cards
It's a double sided poster and booklet

Arrow use 14 mm for over 95% of releases that use amaray cases

Arrow are still a UK label even though they do some USA only releases

As this is just a 1 disc Amaray in Slipcover or a Slipcase or Slipbox it will be the usual 14mm Amaray case
The booklet and Poster can fit inside a amaray case as arrow have done this before
This release could be just a slipcover or a slipcase or a slipbox
If it's a slipcase/slipbox it might have poster and booklet beside amaray or have one or both items be inside the amaray
Depends on size of poster and booklet used

Arrow only have used 11mm cases with tiny number of box sets releases as in for example House The Collection - AleJandro Jodorowsky Collection

For releases that is just 1 disc 14mm amaray is used by arrow

Image is only a computer generated mock up not an actual photo
Don't go by mockups as to what size a amaray case will be or assume it will be slipbox or slipcase as sometimes these can end up just been a standard UK slipcover

I expect this release will be just usual UK slipcover as seen on retailers websites
81J9E+KX0eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A lot of arrow mockups showing a possible slipcase sometimes these end up just been a slipcover and amaray cases in the mockup can end up looking thinner than what is actualy used
Example
This was actually a slipcover with usual 14mm amaray and the booklet and poster was inside the amaray case

Majority of UK customers would not want 11mm cases as they are not as good as 14mm this why majority of UK releases from UK distributors are 14mm and is also required for UK size slipcovers
Use of 11mm casers should only be used when it a box set with multiple amaray cases as in 4 or more and also include a hardback book and if possible use 14 mm instead

11 mm are used by USA labels mostly but not UK

The only UK label that use 11mm with majority of their releases is Network
Arrow mostly use 14mm so there is no need to change this and would annoy most UK customers if they did change to 11mm

A standard release will also happen after this limited edition sells out and will be the same 14mm amaray

What lobby cards
It's a double sided poster and booklet

Arrow use 14 mm for over 95% of releases that use amaray cases

Arrow are still a UK label even though they do some USA only releases

As this is just a 1 disc Amaray in Slipcover or a Slipcase or Slipbox it will be the usual 14mm Amaray case
The booklet and Poster can fit inside a amaray case as arrow have done this before
This release could be just a slipcover or a slipcase or a slipbox
If it's a slipcase/slipbox it might have poster and booklet beside amaray or have one or both items be inside the amaray
Depends on size of poster and booklet used

Arrow only have used 11mm cases with tiny number of box sets releases as in for example House The Collection - AleJandro Jodorowsky Collection

For releases that is just 1 disc 14mm amaray is used by arrow

Image is only a computer generated mock up not an actual photo
It could also end up been a slipcase/slipbox or just be a slipcover
Don't go by mockups as to what sise a amaray case will be or assume it will be slipbox or slipcase as sometimes these can end up just been a slipcover

A lot of arrow mockups showing a possible slipcase sometimes these end up just been a slipcover and amaray cases in the mockup can end up looking thinner than what is actualy used
Example
This was actually a slipcover with amaray and the booklet and poster was inside the amaray case

Majority of UK customers would not want 11mm cases as they are not as good as 14mm this why majority of UK releases from UK distributors are 14mm and is also required for UK size slipcovers
Use of 11mm casers should only be used when it a box set with multiple amaray cases as in 4 or more and also include a hardback book and if possible use 14 mm instead

11 mm are used by USA labels mostly but not UK

The only UK label that use 11mm with majority of their releases is Network
Arrow mostly use 14mm no need to change this

A standard release will also happen after this limited edition sells out and will be the same 14mm amaray
I see.. A slipcover with poster and booklet. Then image looks disproportionately wrong lol

Do you know if my copy of, King of New York an imported US release, or are the standard UHD discs from Arrow UK in a 11mm ? I only have Limited edition of all other 4k releases from Arrow and i thougt they used the same size for the Blu-ray and UHD disc case in these for production reasons.

I see.. A slipcover with poster and booklet. Then image looks disproportionately wrong lol

Do you know if my copy of, King of New York an imported US release, or are the standard UHD discs from Arrow UK in a 11mm ? I only have Limited edition of all other 4k releases from Arrow and i thougt they used the same size for the Blu-ray and UHD disc case in these for production reasons.
Arrow USA/UK releases amaray cases are 14 mm

Arrow Video King of New York 4K and Blu-ray is a UK release and usual 14mm in a slipcover
Slipcover was with first print only later stock will not have a slip
You will have needed to pre ordered to be sure get a slip

You might still receive with a slip it will depend on if stock retailer has is from first print run
As that was released in November 2020 you might not receive one with a slip

Unboxing video not mine

Arrow very rarely use 11mm and would have to be a box set with multiple amaray cases when they use them and will avoid this when possible
Use of 11 mm is only used if slilpbox design cant fit multiple 14mm cases with book

It would annoy majority of customers in most countries if arrow started to use 11mm case when most customers existing collection is 14mm cases

Arrow USA/UK releases amaray cases are 14 mm

Arrow Video King of New York 4K and Blu-ray is a UK release and usual 14mm in a slipcover
Slipcover was with first print only later stock will not have a slip
You will have needed to pre ordered to be sure get a slip

You might still receive with a slip it will depend on if stock retailer has is from first print run
As that was released in November 2020 you might not receive one with a slip

Unboxing video not mine

Arrow very rarely use 11mm and would have to be a box set with multiple amaray cases when they use them and will avoid this when possible
Use of 11 mm is only used if slilpbox design cant fit multiple 14mm cases with book

It would annoy majority of customers in most countries if arrow started to use 11mm case when most customers existing collection is 14mm cases

I already have the film. As you can see one minute into the unboxing video the 4k edition has a slimmer case. Since this is the only none limited edition 4K UHD release i have from arrow i assumed others where the same. It is a bit strange that this is a one CASE scenario:rofl:

Reactions: paulboland
I already have the film. As you can see one minute into the unboxing video the 4k edition has a slimmer case. Since this is the only none limited edition 4K UHD release i have from arrow i assumed others where the same. It is a bit strange that this is a one CASE scenario:rofl:
The blu-ray edition of King of New York special edition also released in November 2020 was 15mm
I mentioned both 4K and Blu-ray
I meant to post the Blu-ray unboxing video

The Last Matinee is a Blu-ray release
It's not a 4K UHD release
Arrow yes used the Black 11mm case for King of New York 4K UHD release but not all releases as most have been the 15mm black 4K UHD cases

This Blu-ray release of The Last Matinee will most likely be the usual 15 mm clear blu-ray viva case that is what arrow have used for majority of their Blu-ray releases

I would be very surprised if they use 11 mm viva case for a blu-ray release with just 1 disc as they don't usually do this and if they did would annoy lot of customers

They also use the 15mm double blu-ray viva case when a release has 2 discs

Do you not have a lot of arrow previous Blu-ray releases if you did you would see most are the clear 15mm blu-ray viva cases

Arrow Blu-ray cases are actually 15mm viva cases not 14mm amaray case to be more accurate
But most people just mention 14 mm amaray case even though it's a 15 mm viva case arrow use :rofl:

Arrow have only use 11mm clear blu-ray viva cases in some limited edition box sets but only a few most of the box sets have been the 15 mm case if the packaging type used could fit them
Some of the recent standard slim size box set reissues that don't come with contents that was in a limited edition some of these recently used multiple 11 mm cases but not all
Single Disc 11mm Blank Viva Blu-ray Case as used in a range of our recent box sets

The use of Black 11 mm case for King of New York 4K UHD release was a rariety and lot of customers did not like this as it meant it did not match the other existing releases in their collection
You can't even purchase empty Black 11 mm UHD cases from Arrow they only sell the 15 mm black UHD cases