Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 17, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK
Price: £50.00

81qYQ3fJoCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna order after a price drop. I know they are different streaming networks.

But the official Halo steelbook i picked up on a pre Xmas clearance has a really meh finish on it. Not sure if this will be the same, yet happy to wait.

Amaray Slipcover Releases

4K UHD and Blu-ray editions Slipcover with Alternate Artwork Exclusive to HMV

Trade Wide 4K and Blu-ray Amaray Slipcover Editions
4K UHD

Blu-ray

I don't know at the moment for sure if the SteelBook is dual format

The Amaray releases are not listed as Dual Format

Only will know for sure when shipped and delivered to customers

This is the list of features from the US 4K thread. I'm assuming they'll be the same worldwide.....

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • NEW The Last of Us: Stranger Than Fiction – Series cast and filmmakers are joined by experts in survival, microbiology, and parasitology for a chilling discussion on the realities of the invasive fungus and subsequent apocalypse in The Last of Us.
  • NEW Controllers Down: Adapting The Last of Us – Follow the journey of The Last of Us from console to screen as cast and filmmakers take us inside the process of expanding the world and breathing new life into the game's beloved characters.
  • NEW From Levels to Live Action – Discover how The Last of Us incorporated and expanded fan-favorite game moments in the series
  • Getting to Know Me (4 Featurettes)
  • The Last Debrief with Troy Baker (2 Featurettes)
  • Inside the Episode (9 Featurettes)
  • Is This A The Last of Us Line? (2 Featurettes)
  • Optional English SDH, Spanish, and French s8ubtitles for the main feature

Thanks to @Space Cadet

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Last of Us: Stranger Than Fiction (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Series cast and filmmakers are joined by experts in survival, microbiology, and parasitology for a chilling discussion on the realities of the invasive fungus and subsequent apocalypse in The Last of Us.
  • Controllers Down: Adapting The Last of Us (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Follow the journey of The Last of Us from console to screen as cast and filmmakers take us inside the process of expanding the world and breathing new life into the game’s beloved characters.
  • From Levels to Live Action (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Discover how The Last of Us incorporated and expanded fan-favorite game moments in the series.
Series information:

The Last of Us: The Complete First Season

Includes 9 one-hour episodes:
  • When You’re Lost in the Darkness
  • Infected
  • Long, Long Time
  • Please Hold to My Hand
  • Endure and Survive
  • Kin
  • Left Behind
  • When We Are in Need
  • Look for the Light

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Last of Us: Stranger Than Fiction (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Series cast and filmmakers are joined by experts in survival, microbiology, and parasitology for a chilling discussion on the realities of the invasive fungus and subsequent apocalypse in The Last of Us.
  • Controllers Down: Adapting The Last of Us (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Follow the journey of The Last of Us from console to screen as cast and filmmakers take us inside the process of expanding the world and breathing new life into the game’s beloved characters.
  • From Levels to Live Action (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Discover how The Last of Us incorporated and expanded fan-favorite game moments in the series.
Series information:

• Infected
  • Long, Long Time
  • Please Hold to My Hand
  • Endure and Survive
  • Kin
  • Left Behind
  • When We Are in Need
  • Look for the Light
I've literally just posted that above you...

Reactions: Space Cadet
I've literally just posted that above you...
The Last of Us is getting Physical Media and Digital releases

The Digital releases don't have the extras exclusive to 4K UHD - Blu-ray - DVD

USA 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases will have digital copy included

Note: It's not confirmed yet in regards to the USA or UK releases
If the 4K UHD release is going to be dual format as in UHD and Blu-ray

SPECIAL FEATURES
Series information:

• Infected
  • Long, Long Time
  • Please Hold to My Hand
  • Endure and Survive
  • Kin
  • Left Behind
  • When We Are in Need
  • Look for the Light

Not actually one-hour episodes. Shorter. Facts facts.

The Last of Us is getting Physical Media and Digital releases

The Digital releases don't have the extras exclusive to 4K UHD - Blu-ray - DVD

USA 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases will have digital copy included

Note: It's not confirmed yet in regards to the USA or UK releases
If the 4K UHD release is going to be dual format as in UHD and Blu-ray

OMG.

One user posts special features, then you post the (SAME) special features and start explaining. Oh, please Paul. Get a Life ! Really. Get A Life !

That's just an accepted term, a manner of speech if you will, to call them hour episodes, as opposed to half hour ones, even though most long departed from traditional public and network television with their ads, taking up 12 minutes at first, out of the hour, then 15, and lately up to 20, making episodes just about 40 minutes long.
Of course streaming shows usually don't have those restrictions, and make episodes as long, as they need to be, often varying within one season of one series by 10-15 minutes, and as much, as by a whole hour (90 vs 30 minute episodes).
Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • NEW The Last of Us: Stranger Than Fiction – Series cast and filmmakers are joined by experts in survival, microbiology, and parasitology for a chilling discussion on the realities of the invasive fungus and subsequent apocalypse in The Last of Us.
  • NEW Controllers Down: Adapting The Last of Us – Follow the journey of The Last of Us from console to screen as cast and filmmakers take us inside the process of expanding the world and breathing new life into the game's beloved characters.
  • NEW From Levels to Live Action – Discover how The Last of Us incorporated and expanded fan-favorite game moments in the series
  • Optional English SDH, Spanish, and French s8ubtitles for the main feature

Thanks to @Space Cadet

As the release is entirely new, I'd consider every special feature new.
I suppose they're now differentiating with some evil digital slavery thing called 'streaming', my guess deriving its name from taking a hot piss, but those abominations do not exist for me, and shouldn't be mentioned on a first ever physical release. :naughty:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Gone with the pre-order. For some reason I feel these won't be around at the point of release.

in the case you missed the information...

!!!!SPECIAL FEATURES!!!!
The Last of Us: Stranger Than Fiction (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Series cast and filmmakers are joined by experts in survival, microbiology, and parasitology for a chilling discussion on the realities of the invasive fungus and subsequent apocalypse in The Last of Us.

Controllers Down: Adapting The Last of Us (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Follow the journey of The Last of Us from console to screen as cast and filmmakers take us inside the process of expanding the world and breathing new life into the game’s beloved characters.

From Levels to Live Action (New Featurette Exclusive to 4K, BD and DVD) – Discover how The Last of Us incorporated and expanded fan-favorite game moments in the series.

Getting to Know Me (4 Featurettes)
The Last Debrief with Troy Baker (2 Featurettes)
Inside the Episode (9 Featurettes)
Is This A The Last of Us Line? (2 Featurettes)