The Last Starfighter (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [USA]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: May 30, 2023
Purchase links: Arrow Video - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA
Price: $35.00 (Arrow Video) - $49.95 (Amazon) - $32.99 (DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video) - $34.99 (Zavvi USA)
Notes: UHD Disc only

333237986_1216017709340142_7175496384723619459_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Brand new 4K restoration by Arrow Films from the original camera negative
  • 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Uncompressed 2.0 stereo, 5.1 DTS-HD MA and 4.1 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with star Lance Guest and his son Jackson Guest
  • Audio commentary with Mike White of The Projection Booth podcast
  • Archival audio commentary with director Nick Castle and production designer Ron Cobb
  • Maggie's Memories: Revisiting The Last Starfighter - interview with actor Catherine Mary Stewart
  • Into the Starscape: Composing The Last Starfighter - interview with composer Craig Safan
  • Incredible Odds: Writing The Last Starfighter - interview with screenwriter Jonathan Betuel
  • Interstellar Hit-Beast: Creating the Special Effects - interview with special effects supervisor Kevin Pike
  • Excalibur Test: Inside Digital Productions - interview with sci-fi author Greg Bear on Digital Productions, the company responsible for the CGI in The Last Starfighter
  • Greetings Starfighter! Inside the Arcade Game - an interview with arcade game collector Estil Vance on reconstructing the Starfighter game
  • Heroes of the Screen - archival featurette
  • Crossing the Frontier: The Making of The Last Starfighter - archival 4-part documentary
  • Image galleries
  • Theatrical and teaser trailers
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ferguson
  • Collector's booklet featuring writing by Amanda Reyes and sci-fi author Greg Bear's Omni magazine article on Digital Productions, the company responsible for the CGI in The Last Starfighter
  • Limited Edition slipcover featuring newly comm

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
Seems to be another re-release with exactly the same contents, only now with a UHD disc, like Fear and Loathing.
No UK edition, no Amazon or Arrow listing yet.

• Informative
DiabolikDVD has it up for preorder for $32.99.

I'm sure that I'll eventually get this, but not until the price goes down a bit; with tax and shipping my total pre-order cost would be $40.91. For now, I'll stick with my $4.99 digital copy.

Corrected thread title it's UHD only

Also added other retailer links

Also clicked sticky post so thread OP will show up if thread has more than 1 page

When creating threads make sure Sticky Post is clicked
It's clicked automatically in regards when creating SteelBook threads
It's not clicked automatically when creating threads in other forums sections

Screenshot (391).png

Sticky Post If this is checked, this post will appear at the top of all pages of this thread.

• Informative
Hmmm.

I didn’t buy the Arrow blu ray because it had (some) vertical scratches on the image, unlike the old Universal blu ray. Yes the Arrow is an improvement in other ways, but I noticed the scratches and ended up keeping the old blu ray. I wonder if the scratches will make their way to the 4K release. I’ll have to wait for the reviews.

Seems to be another re-release with exactly the same contents, only now with a UHD disc, like Fear and Loathing.
No UK edition, no Amazon or Arrow listing yet.
Arrow don't have the rights for UK release
You would not have seen it listed it on Arrow Films UK store as that's for UK releases only

In regards to Arrow Video USA Website Store listing was live to pre order on Arrow Video USA Store on Friday February 24th at 3 PM (UK Time) and also live same time on Zavvi USA Website Store and also was live with DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video websites
Amazon USA can take a few days even a few weeks sometimes for listings to show up in regards to Arrow USA releases

Reminder even though arrow websites look the same they are still separate websites shops
Arrow Films UK Store only sells UK releases
Arrow Video USA Store only sells USA releases
It's also why Arrow Films UK and Arrow Video USA websites have a different url

When using Arrow Films UK Website
To change to Arrow Video USA Store click settings and change region and language to United States
Arrow Video USA Shop website was setup in Summer 2021

Also Zavvi USA is a separate website to Zavvi UK/EU/other International Zavvi websites
Zavvi USA only sells Arrow Video USA releases not Arrow UK releases since summer 2021
Thread listings for USA only releases in regards to Zavvi list as Zavvi USA in purchase links

This is also why Zavvi UK do not sell Arrow Video USA releases since summer 2021

Arrow don't have the rights for UK release
You would not have seen it listed it on Arrow Films UK store as that's for UK releases only

In regards to Arrow Video USA Website Store listing was live to pre order on Arrow Video USA Store on Friday February 24th at 3 PM (UK Time) and also [a lot if unnecessary text]
I know, I've searched the Electronic Virtual Arrow Video US Web Site Internet Store of the United States of America of North American Continent of the Planet Earth, and there were no results yet.
Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine