The Lighthouse (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive - First Edition #3) [UK]

Dec 1, 2011
Steel City UK
Release date: June 8, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

B1A8D7E9-C7AE-4039-B40E-1BEE31DBA31B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grendel
I know there is one scene in Edge of the World which would not be in any UK print and that's the horse falling. The Classification board in the UK don't allow any cruelty to animals to be shown in the cinema or home video unless there is a special permission for whatever reason. I know Charge of the Light Brigade has a few scenes trimmed because of some "animal cruelty" And the rat scene in the Abyss is a no no on home video but I think CH4 showed it once by mistake.
That's exactly 23 seconds - the horse scene. Some kind of strange, because there are so many uncut titles in the UK(Arrow/88Films) but this one they had to cut and it is actually not a horror movie.

That's exactly 23 seconds - the horse scene. Some kind of strange, because there are so many uncut titles in the UK(Arrow/88Films) but this one they had to cut and it is actually not a horror movie.

It's to do with animal cruelty laws in the UK. Simple as that. Very very strict.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Deliberately tripping horses with wire is seen as animal cruelty and is illegal to show on film in the UK. As much as I like to complain about the BBFC this is something they don't control, they just have to enforce it. A lot of westerns are also cut for this reason.

It's to do with animal cruelty laws in the UK. Simple as that. Very very strict.
There is exceptions documentries is excluded as its animals been filmed in their natural setting.

What's not allowed is on purpose putting animals in danger or causing stress to animals.

CGI affects or opitical effects are allowed as this is not actual animals been harmed

There is also some films that it's been allowed as it was a natural event been filmed without been staged

There is exceptions documentries is excluded as its animals been filmed in their natural setting.

What's not allowed is on purpose putting animals in danger or causing stress to animals.

CGI affects or opitical effects are allowed as this is not actual animals been harmed

There is also some films that it's been allowed as it was a natural event been filmed without been staged
Is the scene in MadMax3, where the horse ends up in the sand also included in that point with the CGI/Optical effects?

Deliberately tripping horses with wire is seen as animal cruelty and is illegal to show on film in the UK. As much as I like to complain about the BBFC this is something they don't control, they just have to enforce it. A lot of westerns are also cut for this reason.

Thank you for the info - that`s interesting. I never heard it before.

I'd like have seen a little more love for this film edition wise

Some art cards are not all that special, it's something but for a "HMV Exclusive First" wave, it's a little lacking. May aswell call it the art card range.

I mean slipcases and art cards...

source.gif