Purchase links: Amazon.de - Saturn.de - Pretz-Media.at
Price: €22.99
Notes: Mediabook, + DVD copy , 20-page booklet

71H7ahgUWOL._SX425_.jpg
718n-NUxmgL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Limey
(1999)

An extremely volatile and dangerous Englishman goes to Los Angeles to find the man he considers responsible for his daughter's death.

Director: Steven Soderbergh
Writer: Lem Dobbs
Starring: Terence Stamp, Lesley Ann Warren, Luis Guzmán, Barry Newman, Nicky Katt, Peter Fonda
Producer: John Hardy

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
German: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles
German

Discs

Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD-50, 1 DVD)
DVD copy

Playback

Region B (A, C untested)

Is this the new 4K remaster?
I haven`t any confirmed information about it, but it seems it is the first time on Blu-Ray-release and the master was provided from Lionsgate. They remastered it from the 35mm original and created a digital 4k-intermediate. So I think they also used it for this release. I can say for sure, that Lionsgate is involved in this release, because the Logo is printed on the back of the Mediabook.

• Informative
Reactions: Futurhythm
I haven`t any confirmed information about it, but it seems it is the first time on Blu-Ray-release and the master was provided from Lionsgate. They remastered it from the 35mm original and created a digital 4k-intermediate. So I think they also used it for this release. I can say for sure, that Lionsgate is involved in this release, because the Logo is printed on the back of the Mediabook.
I mean, I'll still buy this. I can always swap the discs over if it's not the new remaster.

UK one is listed and has a confirmed 4K- master, but I think this thing with the 4k isn`t mentioned on every release anymore, because it leads to a misunderstanding to what the restoration of movies is. On some films it doesn`t make sense to create a 4K-master,
because the existing master hasn`t the best quality - so a 2K- master is the best compromise and also delivers a stunning picture, when made well. I think the labels don`t like the 4K hype, because they fear that they`re not selling Blu-Rays anymore when there`s no 4K mentioned anywhere. My my rule of thumb is only to buy newer films in 4k and these ones that have a ****** Blu-Ray transfer (like Christine or the Shining). On the Limey- release there are some critics that say it looks stunning and has a very good image quality - I will write something to it when I finally watched it. But I think this is not a release for replacing discs - makes no sense.

Is this the new 4K remaster?
I watched it today and it has exceptional sharpness and image quality and I think it is the new remaster - you can see it in the daylight scenes, that look gorgeous. Forrest Gump recently was remastered in 4k (with remastered Blu-Ray so I can compare) and also has many scenes that way and they have very much details. Here it is the same . Extras are Audio commentary (in english), Interviews and trailers. English subtitles are on board and the audio-quality is reference. A very good release and worth a purchase I think.

Reactions: Futurhythm
This seems to be the first release from Koch with english subtitles, all other ones I have (not just a few) have none.

This seems to be the first release from Koch with english subtitles, all other ones I have (not just a few) have none.
I have a few Koch releases with English subtitles. Swiss Army Man, Snake in Eagle's Shadow (surprising since it's a Hong Kong film), and Dust Devil to name a few.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: komor