Montreal
Release date: October 22, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: CDN $44.99

01.png

02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Drum18 @Stygian @Leprekon

does the BestBuy seasoned ninja have an oppinion wether or not a listing for Maleficent Mistress of Evil 4k UHD Steelbook might pop up on BB.ca ...or should I try to source my copy from the US right away ?

Best Buy Canada will get it. I don't recall us not getting a steelbook for a new Disney theatrical release.
It may have happened in the past but not recently.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus

does the BestBuy seasoned ninja have an oppinion wether or not a listing for Maleficent Mistress of Evil 4k UHD Steelbook might pop up on BB.ca ...or should I try to source my copy from the US right away ?

Tell you the truth ... not very impressed by the US version :bored:. Hopefully, there will be better art elsewhere, but being Disney, probably not.

Cheers!

As @Stygian said, seems highly likely that BBY.ca will have it. They just take their bloody time to make the listing live...

Reactions: Actarus and Stygian
Got mine and we’ll 2 had loose disc, ripped a corner on one which I was gonna keep but saw paint chips and another had a crack pick on the clear plastic spine. So I opened one when the loose disc and it was all good. Was worried cause the back had that plastic mark on the bottom part near the iTunes logo.

Got mine and we’ll 2 had loose disc, ripped a corner on one which I was gonna keep but saw paint chips and another had a crack pick on the clear plastic spine. So I opened one when the loose disc and it was all good. Was worried cause the back had that plastic mark on the bottom part near the iTunes logo.
Mine had 2 bad ding on the back hidden by the jcard. Simple visit at the store, CS clerk was a steelbook fan, so made an easy exchange with my 2nd ordered copy (that I returned).

Mine had 2 bad ding on the back hidden by the jcard. Simple visit at the store, CS clerk was a steelbook fan, so made an easy exchange with my 2nd ordered copy (that I returned).

This is what that stresses me out with Best Buy, always something wrong it seems...there seem to always be issues. Also always worried about how they are boxed and shipped as well...

I am now very selective with my purchases.

Finally got my copies after an issue with my CC and payPal. First one I opened, had a nice scratch on the back revealing the bare metal and looked like dirt on the underside of the jcard. Someone must've dropped that one, but no dents. Second copy, pristine so didn't have to open the third copy.

Cheers!

Reactions: Leafs17 and Stygian
First time ever was denied return because the steelbook was opened. The guy said I need to go contact online support to have it shipped back. Called them and the person on the phone said that someone definitely dropped the ball on the return process at the store. Wasted trip, but at least got it resolved in the end with an RMA and refund forthcoming.

Cheers!

Reactions: AlienKing
First time ever was denied return because the steelbook was opened. The guy said I need to go contact online support to have it shipped back. Called them and the person on the phone said that someone definitely dropped the ball on the return process at the store. Wasted trip, but at least got it resolved in the end with an RMA and refund forthcoming.

Cheers!
I had one where I wanted to return an opened one and keep the duplicate I ordered. CS rep said I couldn't return it, only exchange it for a new one. I told her that's fine, I'll then return the unopened one from the exchange. She took a second to think about it and then just went ahead and did the return.

Cheers!
I had one where I wanted to return an opened one and keep the duplicate I ordered. CS rep said I couldn't return it, only exchange it for a new one. I told her that's fine, I'll then return the unopened one from the exchange. She took a second to think about it and then just went ahead and did the return.

Same thing happened to me. First time I had to argue that I could get a refund for a damaged steelbook once opened. Had to speak to the manager took close to an hour I was not leaving without my refund. I didn’t need an exchange since that was already ordered when I opened the damaged steelbook last week(decided to order my replacement from the UK). Never had an issue at my old Best Buy in the past. I usually let things pass I’m not someone who likes to argue, but this was just not right. He was Giving me some bullshit that if he refunded me they would lose the money for those steelbooks. WTF ??? :muted:

Same thing happened to me. First time I had to argue that I could get a refund for a damaged steelbook once opened. Had to speak to the manager took close to an hour I was not leaving without my refund. I didn’t need an exchange since that was already ordered when I opened the damaged steelbook last week(decided to order my replacement from the UK). Never had an issue at my old Best Buy in the past. I usually let things pass I’m not someone who likes to argue, but this was just not right. He was Giving me some bullshit that if he refunded me they would lose the money for those steelbooks. WTF ??? :muted:

I had a scratch Star Wars solo disc and guy was like I can’t exchange it cause it’s opened and acted like I purposely scratched it lol. I was like wtf. In the end I got it free from the manager after contacting cs on Twitter and email.

I had a scratch Star Wars solo disc and guy was like I can’t exchange it cause it’s opened and acted like I purposely scratched it lol. I was like wtf. In the end I got it free from the manager after contacting cs on Twitter and email.

Good for you ! I just can’t believe how they are thinking. They don’t understand it seems that a great CS is important for business. I was going to buy an amp for my turntable but it sure won’t be there anymore.

Amazon has great CS that have good common sense. I just don’t know what they are thinking. Plus it’s not just the monatery aspect, to have to fight for something is rightfully yours does stay with you a while, at least I can’t shake things off that easy. Better today though. Sorry about your Solo, I feel you, it’s a no brainer I just don’t get how bad the CS in store is.