The Little Mermaid (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 24, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on February 24 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £27.99

12800056-1924835512308186.jpg

12800056-5174835515912620.jpg 12800056-1384833974805579.jpg 12800056-5224833974768700.jpg

Last edited:
It'll be the same old disc, it wouldn't be unusual for a retailer to list region B as default on a UK release. I wouldn't read into it.
Agreed.

Although in some cases they do actually state when it is region free. For example, their listings for the upcoming Sci-fi Destination Series releases all state "Region Free", and the 4K releases of Aladdin and some of the live action remakes state Region A, B, C.

Agreed.

Although in some cases they do actually state when it is region free. For example, their listings for the upcoming Sci-fi Destination Series releases all state "Region Free", and the 4K releases of Aladdin and some of the live action remakes state Region A, B, C.
Yeah it seems to be a lottery with info the likes of zavvi and amazon detail. It's so often incorrect, barely worth paying attention to half the time.

The back embossing is awesome, which beats the glossy US release in my eyes.
Agreed, excellent embossing. I love gloss, but decent matte on a watercolour design (with no dire metallic reflections), works okay for me. Not to mention this doesn't have the anniversary text and the "signature" sticker plastered across the front.

Last edited:
Reactions: JGCramp
Agreed, excellent embossing. I love gloss, but decent matte on a watercolour design (with no dire metallic reflections), works okay for me. Not to mention this doesn't have the anniversary text and the "signature" sticker plastered across the front.
I could live with the anniversary text but I skipped the Best Buy because I hate that stupid seal they put on the Disney steelbooks for a while. I did buy this one though and looking at it I think I can live with the matte especially with that back embossing and the debossed title on the front (and no anniversary text is an added bonus). Looks really good.

Quite nice. Especially that back. Will consider on a price drop

I could live with the anniversary text but I skipped the Best Buy because I hate that stupid seal they put on the Disney steelbooks for a while. I did buy this one though and looking at it I think I can live with the matte especially with that back embossing and the debossed title on the front (and no anniversary text is an added bonus). Looks really good.
Agree, I'm quite happy with the way this one looks. I do also really dislike those hard printed "signature" stickers Disney US put on their steels, although I do have a few (peter pan, 101 dalmations and lady & the tramp) because I dislike the sh*itty matte finish on UK steels of those films.

They'll keep doing it too, but only for the films in the "signature collection", which used to be the "diamond collection" before that. I think there's only 11 films in it that they've released on steelbook over there thus far, Jungle Book will be the next one.

Received my copy yesterday.
Looks like I spoke too soon about Disney steels not being as good as in past years as this is a cracker.
What's not to like - with a debossed title on the front in a most unusual style as in the two areas containing "Disney" and the title are debossed instead of debossing the individual letters as is usual ...

1621727352085.png
1621729543612.png

... plus embossed artwork on the back and both sides executed by a rated Disney artist.

Reactions: snooloui
Received my copy yesterday.
Looks like I spoke too soon about Disney steels not being as good as in past years as this is a cracker.
What's not to like - with a debossed title on the front in a most unusual style as in the two areas containing "Disney" and the title are debossed instead of debossing the individual letters as is usual ...

View attachment 506632 View attachment 506634

... plus embossed artwork on the back and both sides executed by a rated Disney artist.
Yeah i can't say im a fan of the that front debossing, it's quite lazy not intricately debossing the letters, but it's better than nothing. The back makes up for it regardless, looks great.

Reactions: JGCramp and Flloydo
Yeah i can't say im a fan of the that front debossing, it's quite lazy not intricately debossing the letters, but it's better than nothing. The back makes up for it regardless, looks great.
Yes, you have a point, but at least this way you don't get misaligned stamping (which has been an issue in the past).

The debossing on the front is atrocious.

I didn’t notice that at first and yeah that’s really bad. Always find that kind of title debossing really tacky. Luckily, it don’t happen often. Shame because even for matte this looks decent

Reactions: snooloui